The Antonov An-225

Here are a few screenshots of the Microsoft/iniBuilds An-225. I took the first three at Pyreegue Dev Co’s three Ukrainian airports. Please feel free to add yours, if you would like.

Kyiv:

Odesa:

Lviv:

And here’s a different one: I saw Mriya in real life once in the early 2000s. Don’t remember where, but it was a sunny, cloudless day, and I was at an airport standing at the end of the concourse. I was just killing time, waiting for my flight, doing some planespotting. I had no idea that this thing was at the airport, and then… :open_mouth:! It taxied from left to right directly in front of me. I couldn’t believe it! If my phone even had a camera on it back then (it probably didn’t), it would have been a grainy, low-res picture. So, I tried to recreate the experience in MSFS.

It was actually closer to the window (and therefore larger) than in this screenshot, but I couldn’t find was too impatient to find an airport with see-through windows with a close taxiway that didn’t have a jet bridge in front of it.

There is no picture that could ever convey how awe-inspiring it was to see this plane with your own eyes. I wish everyone could have.

10 Likes

I was dreaming what it would look like if the 225 ever landed at my home airport in Denver, Colorado.

2 Likes

I was fortunate enough to see the 124 at DIA back in 2017. Maybe in the future we will see the reincarnation at our home airport!

Great shot btw!

2 Likes

I‘ve seen many An124 at Leipzig (EDDP) and it‘s already huge. Never seen the 225 though and it‘s even bigger.

1 Like

Purchasing this weekend! It visited EGCC many moons ago, I’d heard through the grapevine of it’s visit so I set off in the car. Sadly, thanks to a Citroen Picasso breaking down in the nearby town of Heald Green, I ended up just arriving as it was lifting off the runway. :pensive: Never got the opportunity to see it in person again… I hope I do in the future.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya