The B787 Has Improved Dramatically via the Heavy Mod

Can we use this mod with the other mod, 787XE, IIRC?

I believe the HE mod and the XE mod conflict. XE hasn’t been updated in a long time and HE has everything that you need.

1 Like

I have not as I downloaded the more recent version which says 1.2 I believe. What do I do with the fix file?

What specs do you have? It looks awesome

What do the instructions say?

I have followed the exact instructions. It just crashes to desktop once I click on World Map. So it’s either the new sound pack OR it conflicts with the latest experimental Heavy mod.

Disregard above. Got it all fixed/resolved. I started back over from scratch (downloaded the default 787, added my Heavy mod, then added the mod sounds) – all is working now.

My 2 cents - the sounds are good (not the best thing I’ve ever heard) but absolutely worth $2. The install can be finicky as seen above… but not bad! Make a backup copy of your default B787 folder first and foremost.

Would anyone be able to share some insight regarding the G3000 Compatibility Fix listed on the Heavy-Division B78XH github page? I’m currently using the G3000 mod, is there something that needs to be done or edited in order to use the 78XH along side the G3000 mod with no issues?

I really want to do a long haul in MSFS. Is this mod good?
How does the plane behave on approaches? Can I follow a star or real world procedures or do I have to bumble it a little? Many thanks.

I flew it from LA to Hawaii with little issue. The only problem is when you have to change approaches due to ATC instructions. Then there is the usual MSFS issue where it may mess up your flight plan. But I was able to program the approach with a little work.

1 Like

Ah that awesome. I use Pilot2ATC so I get a little more predicable approaches

1 Like

I’ve done several flights in the 787 with the latest mod (experimental version which has more fixes than the stable version on flightsim.to). Works just fine.

1 Like

Could you post the link to the experimental version? I only find v0.1.8 on their github and thats the same version on flightsim.to … not seeing any experimental fork or tags!

1 Like

I will DM you – not allowed to put exact links in forum, I believe.

1 Like

Can you send me the link to the experimental version as well? I can’t find it, and I would love to try the one with more features.

I definitely wouldn’t want anyone to get reported, but are you sure you can’t post the direct link so everyone can find it?

I’m interested to get the link too. And how to install it. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Too bad performance isn’t improving with the 787… It actually rips me pretty good that I get better performance in the A320NX mod than I do the default 787, even with glass cockpit display refresh set to low. Wish there was a way to disable the first officer screens to where maybe it might perform a little better.

I can get a stable 30 FPS with the A320NX and at the same airport with the 787 get about 10 FPS with so much stutter on takeoff it’s not even enjoyable to pilot it.

Exactly the only issue for me too… FPS is fine on A320, CRJ, 747 and CJ4. But 787 performances is a whole league worse, I thought something was wrong so I already reinstalled 787 (through content manager) and reset settings to make sure cockpit refresh rate is LOW. Still terrible performance relative to other airliners.

Edit: Something wrong specifically with 787 glass cockpit… Regardless of cockpit refresh rate setting, it is smooth (equivalent to high). Perhaps there is a bug that is stopping the settings from successfully changing it.

3 Likes