The Balkan states

Thessaloniki is already being photogrametrized by Thalixte and i have it installed along other things for Greece(i am Greek)
We Greeks as simmers are lucky cause the satelite coverage is excellent.
What we need is the proper elevation data etc like the other world updates and of course some better mesh data as well.
This goes the same for the Balkans

2 Likes

Antalya, Side and greece islands :+1:

4 Likes

The connection between Europe and Asia and the famous Bosphorus Bridge as well as the city of Istanbul has been shown very poorly in this simulator. Since there is no high-resolution photo geometry of it either, there are unfortunately only the generic generated buildings. Flying into a real Turkish Airlines flight is impossible without the LTFM Airport. I hope that many will share this wish with me and vote so that Turkey is also updated in World Update.

I already marked LTFM Airport as ā€œMissing Airportā€ when the game was still in beta. To this day it does not exist in the game. I thank you if you vote.

6 Likes

Cā€™mon - give them a fair go. Itā€™s only been open since the end of October - 2018!!! Just looked at Bing Maps and the airport is shown but in the Sim the land it occupies is a virgin untouched land. So much for accurate data. Surprised Istanbul is shown as a city. :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s just a shame that an airline that flies to most destinations canā€™t be simulated in the sim because the main airport doesnā€™t exist. The unique city in the world that lies between two continents and one of the largest in Europe should get a World Update in my opinion.

5 Likes

Yes its strange indeed.I am hoping that someone will make scenery for LYNK.Small Montenegrin airport with famous history.

As a flight simmer from Croatia, I share toughts with many more simmers that it would be really nice and useful to make update of satellite imagery, navdata, airports and 3d photogrammetry of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and other countries located in this region. Croatian coastline with 1000+ islands, mountain and hills regions, and also cities, all needed to be updated. Also, many airports are reconstructed and enlarged in last couple of years, which is also something to be considered as a part of update (Zagreb new terminal, Split, Dubrovnik, Beogradā€¦). So please, in the name of all simmers from this regions, consider it for one of the next updates! :slight_smile:
Thank you!

6 Likes

I second that. :slight_smile:
There is also allot of new impressive infrastructure, like the PeljeŔac Bridge in Croatia.
Would be really nice to have that.

1 Like

I agree that Balkans are very scarse with scenery.

In near future there should be Balkan WU.

Only not sure about LYBE, because currently it has been under reconstruction and new terminals are being added.

There is some free variants like LQBK which is great. I have been IRL there, in sim looks almost I am there really. LYBE is work in progress and it looks promising.
LQSA I bought payware but it is nothing special.
LJPZ looks nice, LYTV is decent.
I really miss LQTZ.

Also there is addon photogrammetry of Novi Sad which is decent. Belgrade is made from two parts, but when I place them I can see in sim only one part, New Belgrade, part between river and airport or part east from river. But not complete Belgrade.

Sarajevo really deserve to be in photogrammetry, such a nice city settled between mountains which some relly iconic buildings.