The Best of Two Worlds

Very much a work-in-progress.
Out the window is the eye candy of MSFS on Rwy 23L at Manchester UK (EGCC)
Below the PSX 747-400 from Aerowinx which is driving MSFS through WidePSX.

PSX is arguably the very best simulation of a Boeing 747-400. There is no doubt that for stunning views out of the window, MSFS cannot be beaten.

Put them together and you have a marriage made in heaven?

1 Like

How are you liking this setup, is it working well? Do you use Aerowinx in the same computer as MSFS?

@cca777pilot
I’m by no means the expert on this but am having a ball experimenting. I have an i7 4790 (so old), 64GB of memory and a GTX1080ti. With WidePSX I get a really smooth MSFS and 72fps in PSX.
For the best advice take a look on the Aerowinx forum: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4558.0. Much there on how this all works.
I’ve been experimenting with the setup in my video which you’ve looked at. But I’ve also been experimenting with MSFS on a side monitor and PSX using Will’s 9Pack setup on my main monitor with the instructor frame by its side.
To be honest, the outside view is only really useful for pushback, taxi and takeoff and then for landing so having it in the peripheral vision works well for me.
I’m fortunate that I have a copy of the Big Boeing FMC User’s Guide which, with the videos available in the Tutorials area of the Aerowinx forum site from Britjet and emrydc8, are enough to keep an old man engaged till the final flight out of here.
Here is a link to a .situ file which puts you at VHHH and ends at RW02 which is the exact intercept point for the old IGS into VHHX. From RW02 you can fly a virtual IGS13.

1 Like

Great, thanks for your answer, I can see that we have lots of very good information in those tutorial videos… great… I will give at try. Cheers. :+1:t2:

1 Like