The Chinook is out! Sound preview of the beast by Miltech

3 Likes

It’s a beauty to fly had a quick go in her, lot of fun to be had :eyes::ok_hand:🫶🏻

Taking the Chinook around Goodwood race track and having fun just for the hell of it
:eyes::helicopter::partying_face:🫶🏻

1 Like

Cool!

Made a first look showing various capabilities:

1 Like

Had to uninstall the Chinook after it’s update caused a lot of stuttering in VR (Q3) and new flight model makes it more docile :pleading_face: but that might also be because I have an extension tube on my warthog so more input is needed (keep it clean)

But on the good side you can remove the mirror :+1:

That’s unfortunate! Did you raised the issue on Miltech Discord?

1 Like

Yeah i was asked to contact them directly but will try and find their Discord channel
It’s just one of those strange events where it just affects a very small number and it just happens to be me this time.
I usually keep a backup of older versions but this would be the time I didn’t :pleading_face:
Oh and there’s a sim update this week so🤞

1 Like

Is this as hard to fly as other helicopters in the sim? I thought maybe its having two rotors might make it easier somehow.

No, maybe a bit easier idk, I’m not great with Helis, so I keep the assistances on and it’s fine.

For me it is much easier to fly than any other helo since its counter-rotating rotors do not require a tail rotor and the associated anti-torque pedaling.

1 Like

Thanks. I got it and it is indeed easier than other helimachoptas.

1 Like

It’s a lot easier. I was kinda surprised at how much different it is from a Cowansim Heli. No Anti-Torque is very strange. Turns with the pedals are weird. That said, I really like it. It is like flying a bus, but that’s a unique experience that’s fun to figure out.

I was particularly proud that I could go from cold/dark without a manual. Quick Look at the checklist and then all the panels are clearly labeled.

This might just be the first ever payware heli I buy. Now if the following could be turned into a mission for FS… anyone from the UK remember this top news story back in 2019 I think?

Whyvthe hell is the Chinook speed limited to 100 mph? It is likelt the fastest chopper and can achieve 180 kts.