The clock in the cockpit of some planes runs slower than in the real time on my XBOX

You are running the test on a plain vanilla publicly available Xbox Series X hooked up to a color TV using HDMI 2.1 and running 120Hz?
As mentioned by others we can do a simple video on it.
The clock in the A320neo or the Vision Jet (just as examples) run around 8 min per hour slower than a radio controlled digital clock.
The difference is smaller if you run the XBox on the slower refresh rate of 60Hz: then it is a minute or so per elapsed hour.

2 Likes

Ok weird. I used the vision jet and it ran to time. I wonder if itā€™s more random than I thought.

I guess the key question for me isā€¦is the SIM rate running slow or is it just the clock running slowly?

Yes sorry , standard Xbox hooked up to a 2.1 hdmi latest Samsung VRR is active etc

I noticed a huge delay yesterday and it could well be that the server load (Easter holidays and everybody is flying) adds to the problem.

PS: if you wonder about the flickering during startup/splashscreens of the sim try to switch off vrr: that fixed it for me.

1 Like

Are you looking at the actual time in the sim when you click on the weather toolbar? The actual time of day in sim is going slower rather than clocks in the cockpit. Itā€™s been getting worse as of late.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed this too, itā€™s particularly bad with the ATR on Xbox towards the end of a flight (of approx 45 mins).

Itā€™s not the sim-rate being set incorrectly by accident (I have gone through the different sim rates and if you try to increase it by 1 notch it ends up being faster than ā€˜real timeā€™) so this is definitely a bug that needs addressing (or the xbox struggling to keep up with the demands of the sim).

For me itā€™s noticeable that the actual sim itself is running slow, not just the clock time - if you take off and do a quick circuit the flying experience is completely different to trying to fly manually towards the end of a longer flight where the sim has started to slow downā€¦ frustrating!

2 Likes

Hi,
I just set Vertical speed on autopilotā€¦ 2000ft per min and guess whatā€¦I didnā€™t get 2000 feet in a minute I instead got 1800. The SIM rate is running at 80% of real time and is slow like the timer.

I give up , have not played the SIM for ages because itā€™s just too much like hard work.

Steve

2 Likes

So I end flight and jump in a more simple aircraft and same thing. For 1 min of real time we are getting to 52 seconds and 200ft short of achieving 2000 feet. So I quit the SIM, re loaded set departure same airport same aircraft and same problem.

Then I remembered that last time I flew the Vision jet the SIM rate was ok so , same SIM session, jumped into Vision Jet and boom I get 2000 feet in a minute.

Now unfortunately I changed to Meigs in US from East Midlands in UK so I introduced a variable but now I know for sure I am getting 80% simrate not just a slow clock.

Heeeeeellllp meee please LOL

2 Likes

How very interesting. So I take same visionjet and set departure back to East Midlands in UK and I get 80% SIM rate again. So I quit flight and set departure in the USA and I get 100% again.

So itā€™s location.

By any chance, those that are experiencing this, have you purchased a 3rd part airport ?

I purchased Birmingham, which I appreciate is not East Mids but wondered if this has something to do with it.

Cheers
Steve

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Flying the A310 time runs slower in the aircraft than in real time. This results in a 3 hour flight ending up close to 4 hours. This is a very annoying bug that screws up immersion and all the work doing a proper flight plan.

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12
Are you using DLSS?

N/A
If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

Yes, it dose not happen each timeā€¦ I have spawned different aircraft in the same airport and the same plane in the airports around the world , and the clock ,or the time in the sim, often runs slow but sometimes it works fine.

Itā€™s really tiresome.

For me it runs slow every time, every plane but to various degree. Thr longer the flight the more the clock is off. I feel higher load on the MS servers also contributes to the slowdown.

Yes

I flew the vision jet from EGPH (Pyreegue) to LIPZ. About 2 hours in I noticed that UTC on the Garmin was about 15 minutes behind time (I had not paused). I also felt that the seconds on the clock were ticking slowly so I timed it with a stopwatch. I measured 60 seconds of in game time took 78 seconds of real time.
This is the first time Iā€™ve really noticed this but I suspect itā€™s happened before. Iā€™ve noticed previously that some flights took more real time than they should have as compared to the simbrief plan, even though they seemed to take the right time in sim. It has left me puzzled before but now I see how it can happen.

Xbox X

Are you using DLSS?

2 Likes

Yes

Iā€™m in the Vision Jet again, flying LIPZ to LICJ from C&D. I spent a while setting up and entering a full flightplan. Just before taxi I checked the clock rate, it was 60s for 60s real so all good at this time. 1 hour sim time into the flight and I just checked the clock rate again, 60s in sim was 93s real time! This is running really slow. My flight is going to take a lot longer than it is supposed to.
I noticed that the sim itself was really slow and laggy, just panning the camera, selecting atc menu items, etc was very slow, and the frame rate was very low like watching a slideshow. I tried an experiment, I suspended the game and turned off the xbox. I then restarted it and quick resumed the sim, back into my flight. This didnā€™t make any difference, after this 60s game clock was 98s real-time. Still laggy and a slideshow, like 5 fps.
I flew on for about another hour like this and then it popped up that blocking connection lost box. I told it to ignore, and after a few seconds it recovered. This happened a couple of times and then suddenly the sim started running normally, frame rate recovered, panning was smooth and normal, and I measured 60s on the game clock as 61s real-time. I was around TOD here and then the game behaved all of the way to landing.

3 Likes

I just flew from EGBB to Malaga Spain, approach took forever and the the final landing didnā€™t feel right, all happened very slowly. Something is wrong no doubt.

2 Likes

So latest from me. I have conducted several flights from Catalina airport to KCRQ in the C172(1000).

No slow downs at all at any time. There were lots of clouds, windy, I was using ATC, changing the time of day, multiplayer on , silky smooth.

As soon as I repeat the flight and instead use the TBM, almost immediately I get a slow SIM rate and it wonā€™t speed up again.

Everything running slowly, and I am again getting to 52 seconds on the UTC clock for a real-time minute so running 8 seconds slow. Climb rate is not meeting FPM I have set so itā€™s not just the clock. Aircraft feels slow like low frame rate.

So I know now itā€™s CJ4 and TBM but not the 172. Going to try my VisionJet on same flight. I donā€™t know about other aircraft , I think my VisionJet is ok

I can imagine why the time differences in the cockpit (cockpit clock) vary between airplanes: my theory is that depending on the complexity of the plain processing the SW takes different time. I pretty much assume that (other than for example a PC) the XBox has no hardware clock (otherwise youā€™d also need a small LI battery that you usually also need to replace on a PC MB from time to time and you couldnā€™t do that on a console). So the time for the sim and thus the clock display on an aircraftā€™s dashboard is calculated by SW and thus the processing/calculating/updating is dependent on how often the clock routine is called and thus in turn dependant on the load. What are your thoughts? :thinking:

I very much doubt the actual time on xbox is running slow, but I can check. Itā€™s only the stimulated time that slows down, this must be calculated as part of the game simulation and it seems the whole thing runs slowly, not synchronised to the system clock. This has nothing to do with hardware or OS clock.

Yes

Iā€™m in the vision jet again. I measured the aeroplane time as 60s for 66s on my watch during cruise. This plane is an HTML/JS add-on, no WASM or other native stuff that could be breaking the clock, this must be a core sim issue.

Xbox X

Are you using DLSS?

I never said that the time on Xbox is slow. What I said and what Iā€™m saying is that the time on the clock, MCDU etc in the cockpit of a plane is slow and/or varies considerably.
An easy way to get the time would be the SW calling data/time from a hardware clock. That is how most of the SW including the Windows OS is getting time and date info on a PC. In case the running SW can get the date/time info from a HW clock the displayed time/date is as precise as the HW clock allows while the HW clock itself is synced to an internet time source from every now and then.
As the time in the cockpit is slow (I experienced anything from 1min to 8ā€¦10 mins for every elapsed real hour) the time info cannot possibly be derived from a HW clock (see above) but is most likely calculated by SW like every other detail in the cockpit of a plane. So if the SW is under heavy load due to the lots of complex functions to emulate a plane within MSFS it could well be that the thread who updates the time is not serviced and handled well enough thus resulting in loosing ticks and thus the clock going slow.