The clock in the cockpit of some planes runs slower than in the real time on my XBOX

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

A310 CJ4 C172SP TBM930

Brief description of the issue:

The clock in some plane is running slower than it should . For example , with the A310, we stay 1 minute(the clock time) in the cookpit while the time elapsed in the real world is 65~70 senonds or more, and after a long flight, the clock would not show me the correct Zulu time.

Iā€™m also wondering if it will make my plane fly slower at the same time,because a few days ago when i was playing with my friend and we were at the same flight level, my A310 with 460KT GS was overtook by my friendā€™s Fenix A320, but his GS was just 440KT.

I had made the same check in the CJ4,TBM930 and C172SP on XSX, the clock is slow too. But in the C152 and Asobo A320neo, it seems everything is OK.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

XSX

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Well, something elseā€¦

When Iā€™m in the cookpit of the A310 , not only the clock, but also the time displayed in the weather panel ,is slow tooā€¦Yes, the time in the game is slow , Iā€™m flying in a multiplayer world but my time is slower than othersā€¦

But there is still something more interesting: after I switch the camera to the external, the time in the weather panel goes normal again , and the clock in the cookpit ,while we are outside , no malfunction with it.

2 Likes

For me the clock in a cockpit (A320 for example) ā€œloosesā€ time: with every hour about 8ā€¦15 mins. XBOX Series X.

1 Like

Guys,

I saw something similar in another sim and another devā€˜s aircraft. Check two things please:

Make sure you know your sim time accelerator hotkeys, set the sim to the slowest speed possible (I think itā€˜s 1/4) and then increase it twice. Check if itā€˜s at 1.

The both of you fly on XBox. I donā€˜t know the console bzt I assume it must have a time zone setting. Make sure it matches your local time zone and that the console is automatically time synchronized with the internet if thatā€˜s an option somewhere.

Checked as you suggested and all settings are as expected. Please note that the ā€œmisalignmentā€ is also not in increments of whole 1/2 or 1 hours as one would expect in case of a time-zone issue. At least on my flights I see the on board clock (A320neo for example) slipping 6ā€¦8 minutes behind the actual time for every hour flight time.

There is also the problem with the time stamps in the list of waypoints of the flightplan. In that case the time is (in addition to the above mentioned slippage), off by +/- a full hour for some of the waypoints indicating a problem with the computation of the UTC vs real time at either departing or arrival airport.

I understood you that way, thatā€™s why I thought of the possibly unsynchronized clock. Years ago this happened to someone in the A2A Connie and the solution, as far as I remember, was that the system time wasnā€™t synched to the internet. However if that doesnā€™t help I donā€™t have any further idea either, sorry.

For me this is on Xbox so not too much settings to try. Checked all time related settings I could find. Loosing time starts with every start of a flight so it couldnā€™t possibly being a sync problem. Thanks for the comments and thoughts. :relaxed:

I am having the exact same problem, Xbox X, CJ4 for example. I am sure that the simulation rate as a whole is slower, seems to take a very long time for a flight. I checked against a stopwatch, 1 min in the aircraft is 1+10seconds in real time so its running slow. I jump in my Vision Jet, everything is running to time. Anyone else with this?

I have messed with simulation rate by upping it and downing it the previous flights, so I lowered to the min, then 2 clicks up to normal time. Still it runs slow, if I go up another click, its runs too fast.

Very strange

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Xbox X

Xbox

Are you using DLSS?

Xbox

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Happens also to me, Xbox Series X version on Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental

1 Like

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!

This bug has been prevalent for months now and itā€™s actually ruining the sim for meā€¦

ā€¦every minute in the sim is around 4-20 seconds slower than real life.

This is on Xbox series x.

Flights end up being way longer than intended, as itā€™s the entire sim thatā€™s too slow, not just the ā€œclockā€. The WHOLE SIM is slightly too slowā€¦so you canā€™t do realistic flights over 2 hours anymore.

This should be a priority to fix!

Come on Asobo!

7 Likes

If you want to try: the ā€œloss of timeā€ is much smaller when you switch the refresh rate from 120Hz to 60Hz but still noticeable though.

I have had this problem for months now going back to the end of last year. Itā€™s obvious the time in-sim isnt keeping up simply by going to the weather and time window- itā€™s always falling behind. Iā€™m sure almost everyone on Xbox has this issue but few care to notice. Comon Asobo time to acknowledge this.

3 Likes

Maybe the simrate drops on Xbox because it is not powerfull enough?
Or maybe it is on purpose to keep a more Fluid expierence

1 Like

It is not about ā€œsimrateā€ it is about the fact that the insim software based clock looses time. Speculation about the problem: the SW on the XBox calculates the time as other than on a PC there is no hardware clock in an XBox. This results in slower processing of the clock logic especially when the XBox is under heavy load.
I see a bigger delay with 120fps in comparison to 60fps: most likely due to the fact that the SW is under higher load when working to support the higher framerate.

I have got myself convinced the SIM rate is slow, so yes the clock is slow but so is everything.

Can anyone more clever than me figure a way of testing this to prove either way?

Steve

The easiest way to test the clock is to look at a precise clock (I have a radio controlled clock that displays time of a precision atomic clock) and to compare the two clocks (desk & cockpit) after 1 hour: the result for me is that the cockpit clock is 1 minute slow for every hour if the refresh rate (the display frame rate, NOT the sim rate) is 60Hz and about 8 min if it is 120Hz.
This is samewhat strange. I could understand if the clock delay was affected if Iā€™d changed the sim rate but because thereā€™s a difference with different frame rates my only explanation is that there are multiple threads running in parallel and the ā€œclock threadā€ somehow gets lower priority in case the code is busy keeping up with the high framerate.
This could even be the case for the lower framerate of 60Hz as the clock delay isnā€™t that big as with 120Hz but still the clock does not get fully serviced. Wild guess though.

1 Like

Our team was unable to repro this - Over a 2-hour period, both analog and digital clocks run at the expected pace and are in sync with the real world. If there is anything else we should try out please feel free to let us know. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your responding butā€¦ what can we do? The clock and the time in the sim runs just slow , slow ,slow, and then you told us that you can not repro this? Shall we upload some videos ,or send you some screenshots, or maybe I should take my XSX to your office?

Thanks Microsoft for responding, that is appreciated. When I get time I will figure out a test and show you what is happening.

Clearly there are other players with same issue.

Thanks
Steve

4 Likes