The coastlines are now screwed up

Same here. I used to enjoy flying around Molokai as well till now this (really beginning to get frustrating how much gets worsened after each update:

Yes. West coast Canada is the same. Also some terrain changes to mesh have impacted some third party airports.

1 Like

Same situation in Mellbourne, Australia. I find oceans

Best to report this coastline issue via Zendesk as a bug.

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this! I assumed that Asobo had downgraded the scenery with one of the updates to improve performance. To my knowledge, I haven’t touched the data settings, but when I double-checked it just now, “Bing Data World Graphics” was TURNED OFF! I just turned it back on. Man, I’ve been missing seeing scenery this beautiful.

That being said, I can confirm that the coastline issue still exists with Bing Data and photogrammetry enabled. Here’s a screenshot of Lake Oroville (near KOVE) in northern California. The same pattern of water wrapping up onto the shore is visible:

Often if your internet connection is lost (be it the fault of Bing, Asobo’s servers, or just a hiccup in your connection), it will disable your online data services. It typically pops up a message that it’s doing it, but I’ve had it happen a few times where the message box pops up only for a split second. If I’d looked away at that moment, I would have missed it.

1 Like

OK, thank goodness it’s not just me. I thought I was going crazy. Here’s my two contributions, from the Alaska bush trip. 1 shows the issue; it often happens at a distance. 2 shows me close to coasts which look fine once I’m close enough.
Can confirm I am in online mode, rolling cache is off, all other settings unchanged.
Going to file a zendesk report as this is a real immersion killer.

2 Likes

Do y’all also get lines where the rivers meet the oceans and sometimes where different rivers meet.

1 Like

Hi all,
I have created a thread in the bugs and issues forum for those who are seeing this to vote - please vote here:

The world is a big place and some stuff isn’t going to be perfect. Raise a support ticket with location details and they’ll get to it at some point. And vote per the thread above too, although I don’t know whether this is a case of being able to fix with a global change or if it will need scenery fixed for each location separately

Yes, understand.
I’m trying to determine if this was an issue before the latest patch though. I dont recall seeing it before, so maybe its a quick rollback fix in the next update…

I’ve seen a lot of similar things - water hills in lakes, rivers flowing uphill through steep valleys etc. I think a lot of it is down to the granularity of the data they have, although this coastlines thing does seem more prevalent. It could be as a result of the newer, more accurate US data not quite working at the edges. I try to raise zendesks for all the glitches.

I saw a water hill in the lake above the Hoover Dam yesterday.

Refl; The coastlines are now screwed up

You are obviously free to post whatever you want, if within the guidelines of the CoC, but telling a developer that they have “screwed up” might not be the best way to win them over, and get their co-operation to fix something, as DRAMATIC as it may sound .

A HONEY “The Coastlines now have major Elevation issues” might catch you more flies than the Vinegar “Screwed up” version …

But I guess you could have used an even worse wording :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

I would be happy to be constructive and even would offer to do much more debugging, if they would be willing to compensate for my time (token gesture is fine). But, since we paid for the sim (and some of us for content), I think we have the right to ask for what was advertised for a year before release. So far, that marketing hype is at least another year away, and the many angry issues through this forum (that continue to persist despite claims to the contrary) seem to reflect the state of the sim.

I for one would have been fine waiting another year for them to polish this. I left simming 5+ years ago because I was fed up with the bugs and issues and tweaking/fixing more than flying (literally, I have less “fixing” with a real life plane). I was hoping for something different. That has yet to materialize and I am back to tweaking and twiddling at least as much as flying.

I’ve always seen water creep up mountains since Day 1. First flight went to the hoover dam and saw a “water hill” right in the middle of the lake.

I figured it was just part of the photogrammetry software having a tough time distinguishing between the land and the water.

2 Likes

I think that’s right - glitches like this don’t worry me at all

1 Like

Maybe your right. Guess i screwed that up!

Report it via Zendesk. They said that they thought they figured out what was causing that (draw distance vs altitude, and changed some things to correct it. They asked for reports if it’s still being seen in the sim. Report it so they have a specific example.

Global warming. Sea levels are on the rise :wink:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: