The game uninstalled itself

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No I never use developer mode

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Brief description of the issue:

I play the game frequently without having any issues. Today I run the computer and realized that the game uninstalled itself, suddenly 160gb of data has gone in blink of an eye and I have no idea why

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Moved to #community-support:tech-support due to insufficient bug report information. Please provide your issue in more detail so the community can help!

Hi everyone,

Today I run the computer and when I double click the game, nothing happened. I have game pass membership so I run Xbox, and I couldn’t find the game in my library. Now I have to download 150gb+ again and have no idea why this happened. Any ideas?

I didn’t download any mode or any addon recently, I play the game very often and have no problem regarding the specs of my computer…

Please any advice would be nice…

Wel you’re not alone in that, after yesterday’s update my sim disappeared in to thin air. Every item on my C drive ( windowsapps, everything in Appdata) was gone. Luckely all my stuff on the drive with the Community folder and the Official folder. So reinstalling did not take to long.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

It’s just gone. Completely uninstalled itself. Nothing to reproduce.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I played it last week, and all was well. Turned on the PC a couple days ago, and the game is completely gone. All 160GB. Gone. This was the MS Store install. I have since run antivirus scans and malware scans. Nothing was found. System is otherwise healthy. Never has an app done this to me before in 35 years of using Windows. Yes, not even when Windows came on 5.25" floppies.

I"ve since been able to reinstall it just fine from the store, and my flight logs are still there luckily. So either those are stored somewhere I couldn’t find, or MS stores them.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

n/a

1 Like