The hub of all Flight Sims, the Flight Sim Wiki

Since this is related to content and community orientated, thought I’d post it here.

It’s a slow process but for those who have a love for all Flight Simulator titles. I’ve been working on updating an old wiki for a while now and trying to resurrect it. Slowly growing and building it’s content with help from Thadius856.

It’s the main hub for all Flight Simulator titles. Get information about specific DLC, planes, helicopters and airports. Feel free to contribute to the wiki and add useful content for the average reader. Whether if it’s about an airport you really love or an aircraft you really love. Show why people should experience what you experience.

Wiki: https://flight.wiki.gg/

1 Like

It’s now Official news.

The Flight Sim Wiki has moved to Wiki.gg. Fandom is history. When this Wiki was created it was barren and deserted so I requested to adopt it. It took months but I finally revamped the wiki to add in support of multiple games rather than just one title. Later on, Thadius856 found us and thanks to him the entire wiki got another revamp when it comes to content management, packages, styling and much more.

But sadly, old things need a new light to shine on this project… So we welcome Wiki.gg.

New URL: https://flight.wiki.gg/

Moving to Wiki.gg comes into no shock. This discussion was had although I couldn’t do anything while still in contract with Fandom. Over the time working with Fandom I helped over 200 wikis revamp layouts, theme’s and add in content for them. While it was fun for a while, the money nor the time wasn’t worth it when you got treated like a rat. The one thing that ruined it was my Bosses Boss, Brandon Rhea.

Brandon went on a firing spree and fired everyone apart of Gamepedia. Soon after River was fired/let go here I knew all the ESport wikis are now in the drain. All those wikis have become non-existent now because her bots went offline. After that happened, I knew Gamepedia was on its last breath, Fandom fired all the Gamepedia staff so they can have 0 voice/say on any matters in-regards to the domain or extensions. Soon after (maybe) [https://wiki.gg/ wiki.gg] was formed by old creators and editors from the original Gamepedia.

I kept giving Fandom strong and vocal criticism in their private Slack on how to improve the website, give wikis perks and give less ads on higher traffic wikis. Although he didn’t like feedback or discussion, he closed it down so he told my boss to “control me.” Sorry, but you don’t tell a Cuban to calm down. I stopped producing updates for the wiki (and other wikis I helped out on) until I announced the fork to wiki.gg. Fandom doesn’t need my money.

Fandom is in an ugly state and I hope you all come along the journey to experience a refresh on the wiki without any toxicity, drama, hatred or harassment. To further this statement, view this video of Brandon calling someone “dogsh*t.”

(also, no more annoying 10+ Fandom ads :wink: or selling your data to Facebook )

Let’s fly together.

Helpful Tips

To migrate your account from Fandom to Wiki.gg please use: Reclaim Username - Flight Sim Wiki

Along with that, the ARK Wiki created their own extension which redirects to Wiki.gg if they have present wiki hosted on this platform. Feel free to download it.