The immersion feeling is missing... Any hope to improve?

Well, you could simulate that kind of irregularities… shake the cockpit… thing is, if you would introduce that kind of irregularities on screen or on VR only, it would feel artificial, or incomplete, without the actual shake. We’re talking immersion here, the complete experience. The shakes have little effect on the camera (=eyes). The aircraft would shake and you’d see the cockpit go left and right, like it happens with winds. But the camera image remains steady. In real life, your eyes do that, they keep the image nearly steady, while you shake. MSFS could add the subtle camera move (“camera shaking”) but I wonder if that would feel realistic. Force feedback controls help to get the actual sensation. Ideally, to simulate the shaking, you’d need a special chair, with force actuators. I think there are real (real) simmers prepared to invest for special chairs. Maybe in a few years, there will be an option added to MSFS, to check when the chair is part of your home cockpit.

Well, if they could port HeadShake Features and Download - SimCoders.com (or alike) to MFS and adjust it for VR. Looks like it’s based on inertia, which is a study on it’s own…

1 Like

Everything, also propulsion, flaps, aircraft banking etc is all inertia, air and ground friction forces and movement resulting from both. It needs a real world model (gravity) else it would not be realistic or “immersive”. Our brain is used to hard science physics.

Our neck works as a low pass filter. Our heads move slower than the shaking chair we sit on. And the muscles that keep our eyes in place are even faster than that. As a result, a pilot can keep his eyes on the runway, while landing in a storm. MSFS does the same, unless your aircraft blows to the side 10 feet, you only see some shaking around you, and much less in front of you. A lot of critics think that is “no realistic” but in fact it is, if you regard the MSFS camera as “eyes”.

1 Like

Well, that i know :smiley: , it was more about the software (under the link) how it’s implemented. It looks more complex then when this then that. But, i could be wrong here.

Maybe it would add something ! the page gives interesting things, like these low frequency filtered G-Force effects. It also contains things that MSFS has, but were to be added to XP, like ground bump effects.

In SDK 0.14.0.0 there was a camera CFG added. I don’t know how that works, but maybe MS/Asobo are opening up the camera API ? In that case, 3th party aircraft developers could add the appropriate effects in their Wasm-code. It should work different for every aircraft (weight)

1 Like

I agree with you. But at the moment when an aircraft is running on the runway to TO , there is no ground effect at all. When you get turbulence the effect exists a bit. At least same I would like to have on ground . In P3D there was EZCA which added such effect, for instance… In X-Plance there is XPRealistic v2 which is exactly what I mean.

just look how the plane is shaking during TO roll and how it shakes on touchdown.

4 Likes

So how is this helping people with their problem? Or is it meant to be cute or a joke?

People need to swtich to xplane. Asobo can’t handle the project but keep adding stuff because, from their point of view, “who cares.”

No, it’s just to show my readiness to buy such an add-on if we would have it for MSFS, it really is impressive. I hope either the title itself or 3rd party will be offering something like that to us at some point.

1 Like

XP Realistic for MSFS already exists!
It is called FS Realistic
The developper has finished it but he needs Asobo to enable a functionnality.
You just have to vote here to bring it to their attention!

2 Likes

What? Why nobody told me anything!? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When did you switch to X-Plane, and what keeps bringing you back?

2 Likes

The 737 ground roll vibration is very similar to the vibrations in a Level-D sim…
…when the instructor activates one or more tire failures :rofl:
And engine vibrations on a jet? Seriously?

Carenado included takeoff/landing shaking on some of their aircraft in FSX which is far more realistic.

Agreed, a tiny amount of shaking is ok and it’s the only way to confirm when you aren’t on ground anymore, (expect for most autobrake equipped aircraft) which creates a nice feedback, but that x-plane effects, no.

I’ve had it for about 15 years and it works. No messing around…no workarounds. I can launch it…fly it…make flightplan changes in flight accuratey, etc WITH no bugs like MS.

I keep coming back hoping (a 13-month hope) that they’d finally just fix everything. Nope…I have 8 more bugs now than after SU5. So it’s gone until I check it out again…maybe end of year.

It sounds corny but it IS nice to now launch a flight sim excited again. :slight_smile:

The NXi is getting there, and I think is the closest to what X-Plane offers with its default G1000. Hopefully it won’t be too long before those changes are exposed at the kernel level, and all other systems can benefit from them.

http://www.fsrealistic.com/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.