The logbook pop during shut down is not "fixed"

It’s also depending on the wording of those bug reports or wishlist. If the complaints were merely worded as “We need an option to disable the logbook pop up on aircraft shutdown”. Then it would be treated as such. They only add the option to disable the logbook pop up, that’s it.

They probably don’t realise that people are also asking for a stop in the view reset and panel closing in. Probably it was assumed that the view reset and logbook are interrelated. But it does look like they’re separate issue.

So in terms of the logbook issue, if that was what was worded at the time, then technically they have fixed it.

If people are having issue with the cockpit view reset, then it’s a separate issue that should be logged separately. Developers fix issues based on the wording on the reports. If you word them in a simple manner, then you only get a simple solution. You need to word them as descriptive and as clearly as possible on what you really want and expect in great detail. The more information you give, the more deliberation that they can work with.

I’ve worked in the IT service industry for over 10 years now, and I have to say that when a customer wrote a 1000 word essay detailing the issue they faced supported by screenshot, video/audio evidence, the happier I am in delivering them what they really want and expect. But when they report an issue with just a three word sentence “This doesn’t work”. You can bet I’m going to ignore those reports. We’re not mind readers, if you don’t explain it to us what you really want in great detail, then we’ll never know what you really want.

2 Likes