The logbook pop during shut down is not "fixed"

I filed this in Zen Desk but it’s so irritating to think that you consider this fixed maybe some people will want to vote for it to actually be fixed…

The logbook pop during shutdown is not fixed. It still closes all of your open panels and resets your view to default view after briefly flashing the screen. The only fix that was made is when the screen flashes the logbook doesn’t come up. That is all that was adjusted to consider this fixed by your designers.

The whole entire point of this request was to not be interrupted during the shutdown procedure until it was over. Right now it closes your panels where you are running through checklists and completely breaks the immersion of the end of a flight especially in VR. I can’t believe that this supposed fix was considered to be just fine when this still happens. You can’t do what everyone wanted to do which was shut down the aircraft like in real life without being interrupted by the view changing!

I saw a new option, can’t remember which section it was in that allowed me to switch off logbook after shutdown. I had never seen it before today. Have you looked?

It didn’t happen like that to me… I went to the Assistance settings and turn off Complete flight logbook on shutdown.

Now, on shutdown it just shows the little circle on the bottom right corner to tell you that it’s syncing the flight data to the cloud, but the logbook never pops up and I can just continue with my shutdown procedure.

This is the flight I took a couple days ago on my shutdown procedure.

2 Likes

I have the option checked and yes the logbook does not appear but that’s not what I am saying.

This may only happen in VR. I don’t fly outside of VR so I am not sure. When you shut off the fuel flow the screen flashes like the logbook is going to pop up and then the eye point resets to the default view and all of your open panels get automatically closed.

I have the eye point adjusted when I start a flight because the default view is way too close to the instrument panel. I also have several open panels for Navigraph charts and my own checklists. Having all of these close and the view reset to being right up next to the instrument panel is what is annoying. And it happened before when the logbook was opening. So really all they did was keep the logbook from opening. They didn’t fix any of the other behaviors which was the point of the request (to not break immersion). I understand the logbook doesn’t pop up if you have the item checked and maybe this is just another in the long list of items in VR that are getting no attention.

1 Like

So from what you’re saying, even before the introduction of the Logbook popup to be disabled as a feature. When you’re in VR mode when you shut down the engines and the logbook does popup, all the point of view gets reset and the open panels get automatically closed?

If that’s the case, it looks like a completely separate issue that’s not related to the logbook pop up. It seems like a specific VR mode issue where the point of view and panels get closed as soon as you cutoff the engine.

Because this behaviour never applied to regular mode. My POV never reset when the logbook pops up, it just pops up the logbook, I click continue, and I just continue on with my shutdown procedures without having anything being reset.

So in a way, they actually did fix the problem by introducing the feature. When you disable it, the logbook never pops up. That’s just the scope of the problem.

If you are having the eye point rest and panels being closed on shutdown, this seems to be very specific to VR mode, and it should be logged as a separate case that’s not related to the logbook pop up.

You might also need to add a VR tag to this topic. So that people on VR could vote on it if they have similar issue. But I’m guessing VR users are the minority here.

2 Likes

Yes sort of. I guess the real issue is that this was never fixed for VR other than the logbook doesn’t show up. The behavior before was as I described….view gets reset, open panels close, and then the logbook pops up.

Now with the new “feature” all of the above still happens minus the logbook showing. I will add the VR tag to this because that’s a good suggestion. I’ve seen others complain so I figured this was happening in 2D as well.

I also just think that if you’re going to fix things then make sure they work the same across the title whether in VR or not. And it’s obvious that they do minimal testing in VR. I realize it’s a minority but it seems also that it would be a really simple fix (and I realize that maybe it’s not). Anyway the whole spirit of why people wanted that removed has not been fixed in VR. It’s still a huge jolt out of the experience when there is absolutely no need for it.

2 Likes

So, yes, there is an option you need to set, I think it’s in Assistance?, for the logbook to not pop.

But you are correct, it’s still not fixed. It doesn’t pop up anymore and I can do a complete shutdown and exit my plane and walk around, etc.; but, when you end your flight and shut down and do whatever, if you look in your logbook, you still end up with a 0 time logbook entry.

Please allow me to delete 0 time logbook entries. Or, even better, never log a 0 time logbook entry.

Edit: I just did a flight, and this time I did NOT get a 0 time entry. I think the last time I did I was in one of the Texans. This time I was in the JF Warrior. So, not sure what’s up with that. I have not seen any flashing screens.

Edit2: The option to turn it off is in Assistance in the last set of options (Piloting I think… I figured I wouldn’t forget, but, I did :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Voted!

I see different behavior with different aircraft.
But I agree wih the OP that the issue is NOT fixed.

No matter what AC I fly, I want to go through my complete shutdown procedures without any interruptions or flashing windows or black screens. I want to finish my flight at my discretion with the ESC key.

And then - maybe - I will take a look at the log book entry. Btw, there should be just one entry from my flight, not a second one with zero TO and Landing (just because I lingered in the cockpit after battery switch-off…)

3 Likes

VOTED: I believe MANY of us would like that !!

2 Likes

It’s also depending on the wording of those bug reports or wishlist. If the complaints were merely worded as “We need an option to disable the logbook pop up on aircraft shutdown”. Then it would be treated as such. They only add the option to disable the logbook pop up, that’s it.

They probably don’t realise that people are also asking for a stop in the view reset and panel closing in. Probably it was assumed that the view reset and logbook are interrelated. But it does look like they’re separate issue.

So in terms of the logbook issue, if that was what was worded at the time, then technically they have fixed it.

If people are having issue with the cockpit view reset, then it’s a separate issue that should be logged separately. Developers fix issues based on the wording on the reports. If you word them in a simple manner, then you only get a simple solution. You need to word them as descriptive and as clearly as possible on what you really want and expect in great detail. The more information you give, the more deliberation that they can work with.

I’ve worked in the IT service industry for over 10 years now, and I have to say that when a customer wrote a 1000 word essay detailing the issue they faced supported by screenshot, video/audio evidence, the happier I am in delivering them what they really want and expect. But when they report an issue with just a three word sentence “This doesn’t work”. You can bet I’m going to ignore those reports. We’re not mind readers, if you don’t explain it to us what you really want in great detail, then we’ll never know what you really want.

2 Likes

Thank you for your post Neo4316 !

I tested in 2D the issue reported by milavgeek, everything went as expected. Logbook pop-up was disabled and at the end of my flight session, all panels were displayed (engine shut down). It might be a VR specific issue.

Could you please provide a video of the issue?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

In VR it happens avery time , avery aircraft in my case. And you get a 0h0m row in the logbook.

I also confirm that, even disabling the new option, you see a very quick end-of-flight window opening and closing as soon shutdown procedure ends, aircraft’s reloaded, pov reset and - again - a 0h0m row inserted in the logbook.

Logbook issue is still not solved at all.

3 Likes

Sure, here is a video showing the behavior in VR. Complete Immersion breaker before I can finish shutting down the aircraft. As soon as I shut down the engines you will see the view flash, reset, and close my checklist and other windows.

Ignore the ATC audio as that was coming through my computer and the mic input picked it up. Also note that when the view resets to default in my headset it actually resets to right up next to the glareshield when you look straight ahead. In this video it looks much further back than it really is for some reason. But you will see me reset my view back to the eyepoint that I had at the beginning of the video.

2 Likes

Im having issues with my flights just not logging at all…for over a week now. Has anyone had this issue? I’ve tired troubleshooting with no luck…

1 Like

Please fix this VR only nasty bug that brakes all immersion. After engines / system shutdown the log still pops up and is closes automatically once that setting is set to disabled but it makes a reset and closes all windows and doors op most planes while it should not change anything after we just want to chill and listen to the ambiant noises outside after a long flight. This bug in VR brakes Immersion ever since that disabled log after engine shutdown was created that only works in pancake mode that I never use.

1 Like

not to be interrupted EVER. I want to choose when I end my session. I may want to get out and explore the airport after I’ve completely shut down my plane. Why bother shutting down automatically when I can just hit [esc] and choose to end it. AND WHY IS A ZERO HOUR LOG BOOK ENTRY EVER, EVER CREATED??? AND WHY CAN’T I DELETE LOG BOOK ENTRIES???

(I’m not yelling at the OP :wink: )

2 Likes

I also have been searching for a fix to this problem. I also use VR and when turning off avionics or power, My view kind of freezes for a split seconds then jumps to the default view, which for some planes leaves you staring at the pedestal like you just fainted. It might not sound like a big deal to non VR players but it’s a big deal when shutting down in VR

I’ve had rare occassions of this not happening and the shutdown being seamless so I know it’s possible, but personally I find this more often with payware aircraft, where it will automatically on closing power/avionics change the view to the default view for that particular aircraft