The Most Annoying Thing In VR For You Is? (Complaint)

Who did you hear it from and exactly what did they say?

I dunno, doesn’t seem plausible. Quest Pro is aimed at business and Apple device is gonna cost thousands of dollars and presumably not even aimed at gaming.

Still no single eye display or in game screenshot option/keybind for vr

3 Likes

for me it is night flying - looks too cartoony in vr at night

2 Likes

Oh man, this right here. Hits the feels. I had about 500 hours in Elite Dangerous in VR. That decision alone was all it took for me to nope and never play again. And that’s exactly what happened, and i’m thankful for it, because I stumbled my way in to Flight Simming in VR and won’t be turning back.

2 Likes

One thing I would like to see fixed is AI traffic always flying below 500f

Just bought a HP Reverb G2. There are 2 equally most annoying issues.

1. I was not able to use BOTH controllers at the same time. Only one controller is activated when I press the trigger. For example, on a Cessna 172 I was not able to turn the ignition key with the left controller while enriching the mixture with the right one.
  2. There is no virtual keyboard in VR mode!! I had to use the flashlight mode to find my keyboard and type with one hand while holding the “flashlight” with the other. Super annoying. Also there was a bug where I cannot save the tail number in aircraft selection menu. (It just either erases what I just typed the second I picked up the controller or the tail number was just all “*”)

Please if anyone had the exact same issue and has a workaround, I’ll be more than happy to retract this comment. Thanks!

1 Like

Another thing that annoys me, I wish there was a way to disable VR controls entirely. I use a joystick and when I need to click something prefer using mouse. I use my VR controllers to use my desktop view for watching stuff in flight but every time I go to click something I have to worry about my controllers grabbing something in sim.

2 Likes

Knocking over my beer!!! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

5 Likes

Been there. Try the mug that sucks itself to the table and can be lifted only upward. Mighty Mug or some copy from Ali. Bonus point: it’s also a thermos, so the beer stays cool.

As for the topic subject: I hate flipping switches, turning rotaries etc. One has to close one eye, catch the switch with mouse cursor and try to click or even worse, rotate. All that in turbulence, holding the sick with left hand…

While flying today I noticed that the weird camera movement when you power down the plane wasn’t there any more. Anyone else noticed the same? Wasn’t aware of a patch that fixed it.

Was definitely happening after the SU11 update.

Let me start by saying, after flying VR I will never go back to 2D flying, it just doesnt compare. I have no idea what percentage of the community flies VR, but it should not matter for my most annoying rant.

My most annoying thing is the lack from the aircraft developers to focus on the functionality of VR. I feel they need to spend more time making sure that you can flip, turn, toggle, activate switches easily while in VR. Not having to close one eye or any other tricks to be able to do so.

So I hope the developers are paying attention and put some honest effort into VR flying.

8 Likes

Just like with the previous post, I can’t imagine flying a simulator any other way than in VR; and with the whole earth to explore in this immersive manner, I’m very, very happy with the product as it is. Of course there are annoyances; quite a few actually, but it’s a small price to pay.

The top “two” items of my list of things I’d like to see fixed soon are:

• Widely varying performance. On many days the frames seem to flow just fine, other days it’s just stutter and low fps all over the place. Rebooting and restarting really shouldn’t make a difference, and many times it doesn’t. It would make me a lot happier if it all just worked, every time I started it, running smoothly.
  • Every little thing that breaks the immersion — be it stutters or freezes, the view/cockpit-reset at shutdown, having to reconnect the Navigraph login, or having a mouse pointer appear in front of me for no reason. And when in VR, there really shouldn’t be a need to hide the yoke/stick in order to toggle a switch.

As the number of VR users increase, I hope we’ll see improvements in VR-immersion from both the sim itself and third-party content. Hopefully, we’ll one day have a flight simulator providing next-level escapism, allowing us to forget the technology and focus on the experience of flying and exploring.

Still; every VR flight I do amazes me. At the end of the day, this sim already puts a smile on my face, despite its annoyances and frustrations.

11 Likes

Easy : the mountain or coastline 3D bits that update / change shape less than 500m from my plane, even with settings full on Ultra, and terrain LOD 400.

5 Likes

After SU10, MSFS prohibited PIMAX from showing its viewing angle.
If you violate it, the screen will flash violently and you will get sick.
The solution is not clear and there is no announcement, so rumors are flying.
“DLSS can solve it, 4090 doesn’t have any problems, no, my 4090 can’t avoid anomalies.”
This is how it looks like.
I’m in a lot of trouble.
If it’s only DLSS, we probably can’t choose the extremely good RX7900.
And, most of all, the trouble is that these are not clear information.
I don’t know what to do on the user side, and I don’t know what to do.
We have been in this situation since SU10.
No information or action has been taken.
It’s like an anarchic catastrophe.

It is also a problem that users who reported this issue were ignored from the beta test stage before SU10 was run.
If you do a forced update, you should avoid this situation.
This is a problem that can occur with any VR device in the future.

After one day forced update,
“Without a $1,500 GPU, it’s impossible to continue playing.”
may be declared.

Unfortunately VR is still considered a niche market, so devs can be reluctant to work in an area which is not utilized by the majority of the market.

Personally I love VR, but like others there are so many issues with it…. :(. Still use it 50% of my flights though…. :slight_smile:

Is it an acceptable thing to suddenly take away an environment that users have already created?
Again, even if you report it, it will be enforced.
This can happen to anyone.
There were no problems.
An update that was reported to introduce a bug has been forced.

I’m new and I can tell you that VR implementation is absolutely horrendous from top to bottom, and I don’t even mean all on Microsoft’s behalf. How am I supposed to recommend MSFS VR to anyone that’s not an IT professional or has the patience of a saint? “Yeah, all you got to do is download Steam VR and Oculus desktop. Go into settings and enable Oculus Link. Get used to putting on and taking off your VR headset as you bounce back and forth between menu options. Start Flight Sim and no, it hasn’t locked up when all you see is an “Up Next” for 10 minutes. Eventually, take off your headset and hit ctrl + tab to enter VR mode. The first you’ll probably want to do is go into Activities, and for some nonsensical reason it’ll put you into external view but don’t ask me why it does that or how to enter the cockpit view because that’s why I joined this forum in the first place.”

That brings me to complaint number one. If I have my VR headset on, the view should default to cockpit view. It’s incredibly frustrating to go into Activities, only to have it start in External View, and then even worse is that there’s no button on the VR controllers to enter the cockpit. Worst of all, I had to google how to change my view and it still didn’t work, which led me here in the first place. Does that mean the cockpit isn’t available? Is there something wrong with my key bindings? Why am I having to join a forum as a new user to find the most basic answers?

Complaint 2. Include VR controls in Training Mode. Which button on my VR controller is for the brake? How do I get to the menus? How do I hide the Yoke like you’re telling me to do so I can progress? How do I change my views? Etc.

I spent one of my few days of freedom today googling every 5 minutes because of easily fixable UI issues. And it’s frustrating because I know what an amazing achievement MSFS is.

1 Like

I feel your pain. It’s been like this from day one.

I agree, it’s a terrible implementation. No amount of complaining or bug reports have led to fixes.

I am waiting for my first VR headset (pico4). Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like