The mouse in VR disappears

From time to time, the VR mouse disappears. The only way I’ve found to get it back is to switch to 3D and then back to VR again.

Anyone else seen this or even better, found a cure?

Now and then for me. Try turn off vr then back on. That fixes it for me

Treid moving your mouse or clicking the 3rd button?

Is your 2D window full screen? Otherwise the mouse cursor can ‘escape’ via the title bar and when you’re in VR, you won’t notice that. Press Alt+Enter to have your window full screen

1 Like

One possibility - if you have the default binding of ‘middle’ mouse button for the camera ‘freelook’ function, then press it in VR - the mouse cursor will disappear (and of course the freelook has no function). Press middle button again to get back.

My mouse is very sensitive and this drives me nuts because I’m forever doing this by accident when using the scroll wheel. In fact, I think I’ll set up a VR mouse profile with this disabled!

1 Like

Thanks for your tips guys, will play around a bit more and see what I find.

Could mention I haven’t changed any default mappings for the mouse. So that middle mouse button is of interest. However, as I recall it, I did try pressing every single button last time it happened to no avail.

I do run MSFS in Windows mode. Since I like being able to easy access other things on my PC every now and then. Well, of course not in mid-flight in VR :slight_smile: Maybe it was like you said, the cursor “escaped” somehow.

Try press Window+D combo to get your mouse back.

That shortcut is to minimize all windows to show your desktop.

So I’m not sure how you mean that would help in this situation?

Have you tried it? to see what it does?

I have two monitors plus HMD. While playing VR on one monitor, I have several windows/programs open on second monitor. Windows+D will make mouse “pop out” from MSFS VR window so that it can move freely everywhere. When I want to get back to MSFS VR, simply move mouse over to the window and left click.

If you never left your MSFS VR and cannot see the 3D mouse, Windows+D should make mouse appear on monitor, then you can left click to make it into 3D mouse.

Hmm…I’m still skeptic :slight_smile: but sure will give it a try next time to see what happens.

I experienced your problem when I had display emulator and playing MSFS in windowed mode. It was due to MSFS window minimized to taskbar. So simply clicking the icon in task bar to bring it back to screen. Since I got rid of display emulator and use two real monitors and playing MSFS in full screen mode, I no longer see MSFS minimized into taskbar.

Got it.

I don’t use display emulator and I only have my main display and my VR headset. As for windowed vs full-screen mode, I normally use full-screen to avoid issues with the mouse cursor when panning around in external view where it’s easy to unintentionally move stuff around, minimize or even close MSFS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.