The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception

It’s happening to me as well between 15 min to 60 mins. Also, with PMDG and Fenix. I had Data Online disabled as well. Same exception code: 0xc0000005

The Error Log in the Event Viewer says that “The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.”

This has been the case for 5 days now.

It’s framework that doesn’t work well. It’s very easy to repair. Can you go to windows update and see in the optional update if there is an update of a .net framework?

Thanks. Where can I check for an optional update for a .net framework?

I think I found it. I have 5 updates installing now.

Getting this error 100% of the time that I launch the game, out of nowhere with no changes made to my addons. It looks like my CTD is not related though, because I can’t even load the sim. It’s getting hard to even find which CTD thread I should be in given all of the CTDs…

Program: FlightSimulator.exe
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
	- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
	- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0```

There were 5 additional updates that had not been flagged. Mainly related to Dell (My PC) and Intel. Thanks for your tip. I will give it a try and will feed back to this topic. Thanks, Karty3240

Hi! Are you using the nvidia overlay?

Come back to me if it didn’t work, it’s because one of your frameworks isn’t working correctly, I’ll show you the steps to follow :wink:

1 Like

try in the cmd (in administrator mode) the command;
sfc /scannow

1 Like

I did that which is actually when this problem started happening I think. Though SFC found nothing to my recollection, DISM did and performed a repair. I feel like the next time I booted the sim was when the crashes started happening. I’ll run them again though just in case! Might have an SSD issue boiling up.

Edit: No errors found with SFC but DISM maybe did something again? Will see what happens when I boot up.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.22000.653

Image Version: 10.0.22000.856

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
1 Like

Ok Safe Mode booted up fine now. I think my issue was definitely something screwed up that DISM fixed. :crossed_fingers:

Updating the 5 additional updates fixed my problem. Thanks for your help. I left the sim running overnight and it was still running.

1 Like

Thanks, KARTY3240. Actually, I spoke too soon. I just had a CTD with the same " The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception." What are the steps to follow to check on my frameworks?

I keep getting the same message after a CTD, which is now happening every single time. I never had CTD’s before, so this is dumbfounding. Nothing has changed for the last 6 days when this crashed started. All optional updates were loaded. All apps in the PC runs great but for MSFS. Thanks in advance again for any assistance you can provide.

Application: FlightSimulator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF77142AF6A

Can you please send me a picture of all your frameworks in control panel /application

Where can I find them in the Control Panel? I tried to post the picture but it gets stuck in uploading

I found them. But cannot copy and paste a jpg capture with snipping tool. For some reason when pasting Processing Upload just goes and goes around. Tried copying pasting and the uploading. It does not work for me right now

Do I need to activate the ,NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 Advanced Services?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 Try this