The pushback should be faster

Greetings pilots,

today I have noticed how fast the pushback really is in reality, compared to the snail pushing the simulated planes backwards:

There should be a second gear added to the pushback trucks to speed up things a little bit :wink:

To be honest I have done a Terminal Gate start only once, but the pushback was so incredible slow that I thought “wow this will probably take ten minutes just to rotate the Airbus for 180° to orientate her nose to the taxiway”.

A little bit speeding up the pushback, adding a second gear, would be really cool!

Did you release the parking brake? :wink:

8 Likes

Feature Request: if pushback when PB is “ON”:
-Sound of tires squealing against tarmac.
or
-Ramp attendant holding up sign that says “Release Parking Brake, pleeeeeze”

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

No the parking brake was of course released… :smiley:

1 Like

Er, sorry, but I don’t wanna see wing-walkers being forced to run.

For me the regular speed seems pretty fine when I compare it to videos like this:

Keep in mind that normally (especially on tight gates) ground personal is walking next to the aircraft to monitor the pushback process, so speed is around 3 to 5 mph.

4 Likes

Just be glad MSFS has pushback! :rofl:

1 Like

Wow that truck is lifting up the whole airplane? I thought it is just… pushing.

2 Likes

To be fair, I think the built in pushback is fine for what it isand to be accessible for all users as a default, but if you want there is a pushback toolbar (free add on), that you can controll the speed, and direction using the rudder pedals :slight_smile: if you need more control. It even simulates the whoel process, including the lift up, and the conversations between the tug and you!

1 Like

I’ve grew tired of the slow implementation of a better method of pushback, so I found there are several pushback add-ons that are:

1. More responsive to direction changes

2. Adjustable speed

The only downside is they are an external program but will overlay easily in MSFS.

Toolbar pushback is integrated like it is part of the sim - it’s running completely inside and also allows adjustment of the pushbacks speed :wink:

Just deactivate it when it’s not used so it won’t consume performance during flight.

1 Like

How do you deactivate it?

On the toolbars gear icon - if you toggle it off there it’s deactivated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does it prevent the automatic pushback from happening when AI ATC it on?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.