The Rolling Cache cannot be set up!

I need assistance still with this one - Rolling Cache. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @ZILLNIAZI17,
I have created this topic for you in the Menus & Activities support subcategory for community assistance.

1 Like

Thank you, but I don’t think if the community would be able to help with this. This is an AAU2 issue, perhaps.

I’m unable to replicate this. The rolling cache works for me. I was able to remove the cache and recreate it (I also use 8GB).

If this turns out to be a bug where others get the same as you, it would be good to make a report in User Interface & Online Activities

click the reset to default button then apply/save, then it should work as expected after that. It happened that way for me.

Wouldn’t that put everything else to default too in the settings? I’m scared of putting everything to default.

It took me a long time to find the sweet spot for my use.

each section of settings has its own restore defaults button, it doesn’t impact things on other setting pages.

No, sir. There’s only one Restore Defaults button at the very bottom ribbon, and that would put everything back to default.

Delete the related rolling cache file directly in the directory. That helps!

Did that. Didn’t make any difference.

Go to disk E
Create new folder named MSFS_Rolling_Cache
Launch MSFS
options > general options > data
turn off data limitation - apply and save
Delete rolling cache - apply and save.
Click rolling cache path - from there you can navigate to E:\MSFS_Rolling_Cache
Select folder E:\MSFS_Rolling_Cache - apply and save.

I have done this but I will do it one more time for your sake.

For the record, there was no trouble previously setting up the rolling cache. It started right after AAU2.

Just tried the same thing myself without an issue. Really don’t think it is an AAU2 bug.

Any chance you are out or almost out of space on the drive? Maybe AAU2 consumed some extra space and now there is no room to create cache file.

Not at all. 1 TB NVMe SSD is dedicated to MSFS. More than half of it is empty.

How about deleting it and disabling it entirely. Then exit FS, restart FS and verify it is properly disabled. Then try.

And, very low likeihood but have you tried a chkdsk /f? Maybe some stranded directory entries.

I’ll try the first part of your suggestion and report back.

There’s no issue with the SSD. I’ve already checked that several times.

Maybe try a different drive too…

I created a new Rolling Cache folder and manually deleted the old one. And it worked. Thanks everyone, for the assistance.

Running a registry cleaner after deleting the cache file would have accomplished the same thing, btw.

To note, registry cleaners are not needed nor advised. Use these at your own risk.

1 Like