The scaling in VR is completely off (cockpits are way too tiny, seats look like elementary school children classroom seats etc.)

Aam, if I move the IPD in my G2, I go from blurriness to no blurriness, not to more shrink to less shrink…, who knows, in these times you watch something and the new secta (fake) “science” tells you that you are not watching and experimenting that, that is not real, even twitter block you haha.

It is more related with HMD panels, size, software in that HMD, DPI not IDP, sure sure.

Interesting, so, the people with more IPD watch the real world more huge and the less IPD watch it more shrinker, anyway the cockpit in real live is in the correct size for they despite some watch it shrink or huge then, right?, so if the IPD in real life does not affect at two persons with the same image in front from two identical screens, cause it is normal the size of the world they perceive, right?, and it is not related with the IPD, isn´t?

https://diglib.eg.org/handle/10.2312/egve20171353

We found that size judgments were moderately correlated (r = 0.4) between the two response methods, and that neither altered eye height (± 50cm) nor reduced (10mm) IPD had a significant effect on size judgments, but that a wider (150mm) IPD caused a significant (μ = 38%, p < 0.01) decrease in perceived cube size. These findings add new insights to our understanding of how eye height and IPD manipulations can affect peoples’ perception of scale in highly realistic immersive VR scenarios.

Your brain adjusts for it. Just like it adjusts to the fact that you actually see the world upside down. If you’re suddenly presented with a different IPD than you normally have, your perception of the world changes.

Anyway. Believe me or don’t. I don’t care. Adjust the world scale slider (which is in game) to your liking and happy landings :slight_smile:

Something undoubtedly that can affect the size perception of the VR environment are my “discovers” that I wrote already, despite the IPD settings in you VR HMD, that is a fact.

So you are wrong in your reply, “scaling is hugely dependent on IPD. The fact you think everything is way too smal is probably because your IPD setting is off”. So you perceive the wrong size by the IPD of your melon, not by the wrong adjustment of the IPD in the HMD, you perceive the same size of the world in that HMD despite the setting in the HMD, as I said in my former reply in the example.

Very easy, take your VR HMD and move the IPD regulator, do you note a different size, not me, and why when it is very well regulated the IPD you still have a small-huge perception of the real size?, so… IPD settings in the HMD is not the culprit.

The IPD of our melons could be one of the reasons, though absolutely no the only reason nor the more important.

Yes. Subtle, but yes.

1. the C172 at 104% matches my to-scale physical panel, and feels pretty good as compared to IRL.

B) perhaps you could build a panel (cardboard or something cheap if you’re not going to build one to keep) that is 100% to scale, with instruments drawn in, and do the old "goggles up, goggles down until your view fits the panel?

That it is, subtle, almost unappreciated, you can live with that and not moan cause maybe are things of you and so :blush:, the people here and I speak not in subtle perceptions, they speak in really noticeable size maladjustments, then lead maybe that the problem is other than the IPD and not IPD related.

Are problems that when you have the correct adjust or not of your IPD in your HMD don´t disappear, so that is clearly that the IPD adjustment is not related.

Maybe your brain too plus the other reasons, yes, probably.

Then use the built-in world-scale slider and continue flying?

Or tweak the size world if you want to be like a gnome or lilliputian or a giant of 3 meters, to consumer taste, I am agree.

Some also say the the actual spheroid dimensions of our eyeballs affect the need for world-scale other than 1.0

That’s what that slider is for, yes…

Look what Santa brought, niiiiice :smiley: took me almost a year waiting for a proper graphics card…

And now I have found the size scaling slider that is build inside the Flight Sim, it shows up after activating VR mode somewhere in the VR graphics settings!
And with a world scaling enlargement to 120% the cockpits are in perfect size.

But I have noticed that there is no resolution slider, and the resolution is kinda too low to clearly read the cockpit instruments.
Is there no way to change of rendering resolution, that would be very important especially in VR to have an absolute crisp clear picture for reading the cockpit gauges.
Only when launching in SteamVR I can override the default resolution settings, when launching the normal way there is no resolution change in VR.

And the most important question: Why are developers of VR games always make the 3D world way to small?
All people all over the internet say the same thing: Every VR game is way too small, looks like some tiny dwarfen world, and only looks perfect when scaled to 110-120% size in SteamVR scaling or with other scaling options :smiley:

For example Assetto Corsa looks perfect in 110% scaling.
Why is every VR world programmed way to small and must be scaled to a bigger size to make it look and feel realistic? I get slight visual distortions especially at the outer edges of the headset lenses when the scaling must be ramped up too high to give the virtual world a realistic size.

By the way…
The sense of speed while rolling along the runway is intense in VR! Now accelerating feels realistic…

No they aren’t. How we perceive the world scale was determined at the time of conception.

Developers can only affect how far the software cameras are drawn, but without the information of what happened at the time of the sweaty, steamy and passionate copulation that lead 9 months later the birth of GamingCat2130 the developers have no idea - hence the vastly different perception of word scale in the sim.