The spinning loading icon during flight

MIcrosoft loves it loading icon but they cant half get annoying sometimes. I’ve noticed that there’s a spinning white icon which flashes in the lower right hand corner of the screen more and more frequently during flight indicating that the sim is loading/connecting/calculating/whatever. It gets more frequent with more addons in the community folder but I’m not having any FPS drops stutters or the like and I’m happy with my addon load. So the icon is conveying absolutely zero information to me and is just an irritation. Anyone have any idea if it can be switched off in a config or perhaps modded out?

I 'm seeing this too more often, not sure what going on though .

I think its loading icon due to latency issues with servers sending scenery.

I cant imagine how much data is being sent back and forth with all the MSFS users…

Its doing scenery downloads. They are not drawing scenery out far enough for me so they are doing more and more downloads. I have the hardware and video card for large draws as well as a 50mdps internet to handle more info at one time. I think they are trying to hard to satisfy all computer builds at one time. I thought that is what all the settings are for you to adjust the sim to your own computer.

I can turn online functionality off & I still have the spinning wheel regularly. But if I run with no addons it’s gone so it seems like it’s accessing local files. The point is I have no degradation of performance with addons running so just want to get rid of the icon. I suspect it can be done by modding a file or two somewhere in html_ui/pages but I’ve got the MS store version & cant investigate files in the core packages further.

I should probably take this over to the SDK section of the forum.

I have seen that spinning icon at the bottom right, shortly after touchdown. I thought it was where it had recorded a landing, rather than scenery loading in. I was in a Savage Cub doing about 50 kts, so I think all the scenery it would ever need had already been streamed in before I touched the ground! :slight_smile: