The standby altimeter value interacts with the G1000 altimeter setting

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Modifying the standby altimeter setting also changes the G1000 baro value. The standby altimeter should not be connected to the G1000 baro setting. Tested on the C172.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Spawn a C172 in any airport
  2. Arm the Stby Batt
  3. Turn the Standby Altimeter knob
  4. See that the Baro value is modified accordingly on the G1000.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes!

2 Likes

This has been an incorrect configuration is pretty much all planes since launch. Very few have a separate baro for steam / standby instruments from the one on the G1000.

Yeah I’m fairly certain this is a “simplification” of syncing all altimeter units in the aircraft. Any aircraft with the KAP140 will also have its altimeter synced with the G1000 unit (which isn’t correct; the KAP140 has its own altimeter and altimeter setting).

It’s definitely wrong. But I’m not sure I’d say it’s not intentional.

1 Like

@Eefoe , @Crunchmeister71 , are you aware of bug reports for this? (I haven’t seen anything.) If so, I’d like to merge this.

I never reported it. It’s lazy but I assumed it was by design.

No prob! If we can’t find a bug, we’ll see if we can get this one logged.

I remember reading posts (maybe a bug report) about it WAY back in the weeks / months after launch when people were noticing this. I’ve not seen any mention of it since until this thread.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll scour the archived Bug Reports category, though I’m guessing discussion took place outside of that category.

I’m looking as well to see what I can find. I distinctly remember reading it because that’s how I learned how the baros were supposed to work in the first place and found out about the bug in the sim. I haven’t had any luck in finding it yet. I’ll be sure to post if I do.

I did find mention of it in a thread where @brlowe1965, @XAxSys and I were discussing the incorrect behaviour of the baros on various the planes when we were all first discovering Air Manager and XAxSys was developing the first MSFS-compatible G1000 bezel for it. This may not be much in terms of a bug report, but it does document how far back this bug goes with this post dating to January 2021. So the bug report about it will pre-date that.

Thank you. I couldn’t find anything, unfortunately. We can just use this one.

Yes

This is not an AAU I unfortunately. It’s a bug that’s been in the sim since launch.

1 Like