The updates are making me avoid using MS FS 2020

They claimed they listen to users but I doubt it. If they do, they wouldn’t have missed these complaints. All that is needed is to select yes or no when asked to update - how difficult can that be? Each update brings more mess and we just cannot rollback. I could not update for two days so could not fly the sim I paid for. Had to install windows updates, drivers update, reset the store before I was able to install MSFS - now try to imagine how much time wasted and how pi**ed I was when all I wanted that day was 1-hour flight. Every update is a very painful process and one needs to be a f****n soothsayer to know what is amiss.

Even when I finally got this to run I noticed in VR that the text in the map and ATC window are almost unreadable no matter my settings. This update circus has been going on since day one. They just fail to understand that this kind of complexity will drive people away from the sim. I spend more time installing, updating, resetting, troubleshooting, tweaking 2D and VR than actually flying. On XP I spend more time flying - I still have the installation I did the first day I purchased in late 2017, I never had to reset, uninstall, diagnose anything but for some addons. Vulkan did not work at first, and all I did was opt out of beta and everything went back to normal - that is how those devs command rationality. Don’t get me wrong, XP also has its faults but I cannot think of one that ever denied me of flying the sim or one I spent days fixing.

Update:
Regarding the blurry map and ATC window, I just found a fix here: Pop-up Window Resolution Issue in VR.
I thought it might be useful for anyone having this issue and have not found a way to resolve it - I haven’t tried it myself though.

Sorry for that, its not a solution, it is another fix but you can follow the issue here.

6 Likes