The V-22 Osprey from Miltech Simulations

Holy /word the forum censors/ my retinas thank you. Is there a way to decrease the brightness of the map on the MFD? The BRT up/down button in the bottom right doesn’t seem to change it at all.

I’m taking a look, the off/day/night knobs should work. I’m checking if it has to do with an Xbox bug.

1 Like

Same place as the flight model as far as I remember.

I don’t see it there. I looked through the other menu items and can’t find anything about drag.

Perhaps in the aircraft menu on the World map (where you set registration number etc)

Good news everyone. First, thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I finally found a fix after trying many things. You can see now I can achieve 280+ knots at less than 100% power. That’s a relief.
fixed

I use Axis and Ohs for my controls in the sim. As a last ditch effort I tried quitting AAO and going back to the in-game controls. It worked. When using the in-game controls for my devices I can achieve the speeds. When I switched back to using AAO my speed drops again. So it’s repeatable. I can’t explain why yet. It’s late so I’ll figure it out tomorrow and report back. AAO works for every other aircraft so I don’t have a clue right now but I’ll post what I find.

4 Likes

You flew on one engine only then. I use AAO as well. AAO doesn’t have the general Throttle available for axis setup, only Throttle 1 (engine 1) and Throttle 2 (engine 2), so you need to bind both to the same controller.
I’ve found it difficult to control the hover with my X52 controller because the change in input should be so tiny. So, I’ve set up AAO to toggle between two profiles on the touch of a button. One for airplane mode and one for vtol/conv that doesn’t need the bottom of the range as the plane will fall out of the sky.

1 Like

Wow, this was it exactly! Thanks so much. You saved me a lot of troubleshooting today. I wouldn’t have thought I needed both throttles so I would have been ripping my hair out trying to find the problem. At least now I know if 1 of my engines fails I can still fly. :grin:

Funny that flying on only 1 engine didn’t impact vtol flight. I was able to achieve full speed in that mode. Only airplane mode was affected.

That’s interesting about your hover comment. I agree it’s difficult so it’s a good thought with a clever solution to have a less-sensitive throttle range that also protects you from VRS. It I’ll play with that, thanks.

2 Likes

@LikedHare478430 i love this aircraft so much thank you! Only issue I have which I posted earlier is that the sound of other ospreys in multiplayer is missing which I hope you can add in a future update

We are aware of this, will be improved on future updates.

3 Likes

Was just wondering if you managed to find the cause?

Yes, will be fixed in the upcoming update

5 Likes

@LikedHare478430 why doesn’t the 8-SOS ‘Blackbirds’ (US Air Force) livery have the light grey belly? It even shows it like that in the liveries thumbnail

Looks like it did do at some point

2 Likes

I downloaded the aircraft on Xbox and I put in my own key bindings for the nacelle control but why are the nacelles moving up and down by themselves as soon as I turn on the APU?

Check BFWS on the MFD - it is likely that one of the blade fold/wing stow modes is active

Liveries were changed slightly. I wasn’t convinced with the quality of the Grey belly, so we decided to remove it. Not all aircraft in the 8-SOS squadron has the light grey belly. That being said, I’m still not convinced with that livery - it’s a little too dark and we may bring the light grey belly back

4 Likes

Sure wish this was in DCS

Thanks please do or at least add it as another livery please

3 Likes

I finally bought the Osprey last night. It is a remarkably fun aircraft to fly! Very smooth and powerful, incredible visibility and learning to anticipate how it will react to a given combination of speed and nacelle angle so as to properly plan a descent into a landing zone will keep me happily occupied for a long time to come.
If I could give one piece of feedback that jumped out at me early on, (and I know that this has been mentioned earlier upthread) the engine power output and aircraft reaction to a tiny change in throttle input is significant. I have a dedicated collective with a very long throw mapped as my throttle axis. I figured that the long throw would help alleviate throttle sensitivity and the use of the collective is natural for me when in helicopter mode. I still found the sensitivity to be enough that I was entirely focused on making the absolute smallest of changes in order to keep the flight smooth while approaching a landing.

I switched the mapping to a Honeycomb Bravo to see if this would make a difference but as expected, it was more difficult due to the shorter throw.

This is of course a subjective opinion and others may feel differently but it seems like a big heavy bird such as this would have more of a zone of possible inputs between a rapid ascent or a rapid descent.

Regardless, I am very happy to have bought it and would recommend it very much to others. I am excited to see where MilTech takes this one as development progresses.

2 Likes