The V-22 Osprey from Miltech Simulations

Are there tutorial mission(s) bundled with the MSFS Marketplace version of this aircraft? Considering an Xbox purchase, but a guided tutorial mission would go a long way towards helping me to pull the trigger here.

I agree. Basically it seems the aircraft reacts only between about 75% throttle and 95%. Anything outside those zones are useless. So even though you have a longish throw much of that is wasted because itā€™s outside the important ranges.

What I find is most effective is pumping of the throttle. For example, when descending if I want to keep a steady 500 ft/min descent then I reduce the throttle until I reach about 400 ft/min. Then I start increasing the throttle quickly to stop the descent from accelerating too fast. Then as the acceleration slows I again reduce the throttle and continue increasing/decreasing (pumping) the throttle. It sounds more confusing than it is. Itā€™s rather easy pumping the throttle once you try it a few times. I can actually keep my descent speed fairly consistent this way.

Anyway, good luck.

2 Likes

Yes that is an effective technique and I know what you mean because I find myself doing the same. Not sure how realistic it is but by golly, you gotta do what it takes to make it to a safe landing in the spot you want!

Even with the throttle response being the way it is, this is still a very addicting aircraft for me and I am having a great time exploring how it will behave at different speeds and nacelle angles. I am excited to see where it goes over time.

Me too. Itā€™s such a different challenge compared to other aircraft. I really enjoy it. The most confusing for me is half the systems are not modelled for one reason or another. Thereā€™s so many buttons and menus that I invariably end up pressing many buttons that just donā€™t do anything. I like that many of the menu items are crossed out so itā€™s easy to see which arenā€™t modelled but many of them are also not crossed out. I find that confusingā€¦ but it hasnā€™t stopped my enjoyment of this bird.

1 Like

As mentioned above, Iā€™ve set up AAO to toggle between two throttle profiles on the touch of a button. One for airplane mode (0-100) and one for vtol/conv (75-100 more or less) that doesnā€™t need the bottom of the range as the plane will fall out of the sky.

1 Like

Wow that is interesting. So does this give ā€œmore travelā€?

I am not even sure I can picture how that works. I am still a novice with AAO unfortunately.

The manual says that proprotor speed must be
over 94 pct and below 105 pct (VTOL/CONV) and over 82 pct and below 105 pct (APLN Mode). Iā€™m using a X-52 throttle (but assume it would work for other throttles as well) and it has a top detent at c. 90 pct and a bottom detent at c. 10 pct. In the AAO (perhaps Spad can do the same) template/profile setup I assign throttle 1 and throttle 2 (left and right engine) to the controller for APLN mode control. By adjusting the curve, center point and detent points I set up the axis (requires some fiddling) so that the bottom detent (c. 10) is power enough for 82% prop speed and the top detent is max power without overtorqueing the engines - in an emergency I can move past the detent on the controller for a brief over torque.
Now I repeat the process for on the same axis for VTOL mode control giving me the entire throw between the detents to control the range from 92 pct prop to overtorqueing. It gives a lot of ā€œresolutionā€ in the range that matters.
Next step is to apply the ā€œassigned combo, toggleā€ checkbox to one of the axis and set up a button to switch between the two.

When I take off I use VTOL mode and when the nacelles are nearing 0 degrees I switch to the APLN axis mode to bring the power down.
On my stream deck Iā€™ve set up an indicator (linked to the same toggle button) to show me the current throttle mode.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Wow that is really cool. Thank you for sharing this info!

If I open any door and activate door mode. Then takeoff the aircraft overstresses and breaks. Even if I open a door on the ground and close it before takeoff. Then when I takeoff and begin to accelerate the aircraft overstresses. Whats the deal? Any help would be appreciated.

Go to assistance options > failiure and damage > and disable aircraft stress damage.

1 Like

Itā€™s written in the manual (yes, they are meant to be read).
@Dutch1957 gave you the answer already.

Will more liveries be included in a future update? I must say I own the plane on xbox and I love flying it!

We are preparing a livery pack, with real-life operators as well as fictional operators.

3 Likes

Will that be an optional add-on, or pushed as an update?

It will be optional, released as payware (since the marketplace does not allow freeware content yet) but for a very low price (the lowest allowed)

Edit: Just found out that the minimum price allowed in the Marketplace is 4.99$ - that would be the pricing in this case.

The pack will initially have 10 liveries (fictional + real), more will be added upon popular request.

3 Likes

And pls to check this VR (or focus) scale. This problem exists still :frowning: .

Still looking at this. Nothing wrong on the model, and canā€™t really figure out whats wrong in the cameras yet. Asobo hasnā€™t been very responsive about this, the only answer we got is ā€œthe only way to control that is using the VR Scale sliderā€. So still clueless about what the issue may be. Still being researched.

1 Like

Regarding VR - there is a lengthy discussion on this topic. It really seem to vary a lot between VR headsets, aircraft, etc. It doesnā€™t seem to be standardized, and may be impacted by position of the camera, default zoom, etc:

No definitive solution for now. Changing the model dimensions does not make sense as its modeled quite accurately to real-life dimensions.

But the problem is that I have several dozen addons and the issue (for me) it is only in Osprey :slight_smile: . Itā€™s more that here the scale is so large that it makes everything so big, if there was a small difference, it probably wouldnā€™t be noticed like in the others models. For me less 15% and will be fine.