There's a definite bug in the "Reactivity" setting, causing elevator problems

Having had problems crashing aircraft during landing (for no obvious reason), I reburbished my joystick, thinking it may be that, but to no avail.

However, I kept seeing for example the flight control joystick in the A320 cockpit quivering, and that and the elevators didn’t seem to follow my physical joystick very well, especially on pull back. In the sensitivity setting, the graph followed my joystick perfectly, but I thought I’d click on “reset” to get the linear plot, and suddenly the cockpit control stopped quivering, and my joystick now had full control of the aircraft elevator. So I’ve got a solution.

But now for the really strange bit. I can change the “Sensitvity+/-” settings without a problem, but when I reduce the “Reactivity” from 100%, I get the quivering. However, setting this back to 100% doesn’t get rid of the quivering, it’s only if I press the “Reset” button (which shouldn’t really change anything if it’s already set to 100%).

So there’s a definite bug been introduced with this “Reactivity” setting.

I would advise anyone who’s played around with this to press “Reset” in the sensitivity setting, and then not to touch the reactivity setting at all (although the other settings seem safe to change).

1 Like

By “quivering”, do you mean that when the elevator axis (and, in my case, actually also the roll and yaw axis) is held at about 50%, the control surfaces rapidly shake back and forth? I have this problem too and have been wondering about it as it does not seem to be a problem of the joystick.

So you recommend clicking “Reset” for the affected surfaces and that fixes it? That would be great, will need to try this! Thanks!

Mine seems mainly to quiver when I pull back on the joystick, but it doesn’t always behave the same. Certainly worth a try.

And yes, the control surfaces shake as well.

I’ve not experienced any quivering of any control surface. I assume my Reactivity settings are default, as I have never touched that particular setting.

My problem was because I had tried changing it (to see how it felt).

It’s odd that just the act of changing it affected the joystick input, even after I had set it back to the default. It is such an unexpected behaviour I thought I had better warn everyone - it took me ages finding the problem, even took my joystick to pieces to clean the wiper surfaces and resolder some joints.

But eventually the simple act of pressing the single Reset button solved it - giving me a funny mixture of relief (that I’d found the problem) and annoyance (that it was due to another bug in the sim).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.