These three bugs are just too painful

These three bugs are just too painful. Fixing these three bugs is all I need to play this sim with a big smile on my face.

1. Blurry ground textures above FL100.

2. Pixelated clouds.

3. Flickering shadows on cockpit.

They. Totally. Kill. My. Immersion.

There is nothing wrong from my end. These are bugs from the Sim, which others are experiencing as well, which I hope Asobo addresses soon.

8 Likes

Frequently crashing to desktop since the 3rd patch has been my immersion killer.

1 Like

You’ve had immersion?

2 Likes

2 and 3 are graphic settings dependent. I don’t have pixelated clouds nor flickering shadows.

Edit: Now that I think of it, the first might also be graphic settings dependent. What is your hardware?

3 Likes

I have noticed a lot of bugs, but not really these three.

1 Like

@Sharpe2603 Can you post your graphics settings, please? You’ll probably need to post two screenshots as the list is quite long. The only time I have seen flickering in the cockpit, more shimmering really, was in the 152 after a patch was installed. It had reset my graphics settings, and it had a lower quality of AA running. It made horizontal lines on the radio stack shimmer.

I get those Horizontal lines shimmering on my Radio Stack as well.

Thanks for the solution !!!

1 Like

Hi @Sharpe2603,
Does your monitor have preset gaming profiles? I had 1 and 2 that you listed until I went into my monitor settings. There were 4 different gaming modes. One of the settings made it look like an old CRT monitor! But one worked great and then I tweaked it a bit more, then saved it as a new profile.

What are the settings for the clouds…? I have always pixelated clouds… :frowning:

1 Like

I believe mine are set to Utra. But it may not be that setting, but some other form of processing that is causing those speckles. What I would do, just to test, is for those affected to set everything to the Ultra preset, and see what it looks like then. Even if performance is bad, just for comparison purposes.

You mean like these? Ultra cloud graphics. I noticed them too, but mostly only if I used the drone camera and flew around at max speed. It’s also very noticeable during lightening storms.

None of this on RX5700, check you configuration and drivers.
Some pixelated clouds but very little.

Yep I don’t get blurry textures until 21,000ft

Yes, it looks like this. Also with slow aircrafts and in all views (cockpit, external, drone…) I have settings on ultra and high!

I think this is what is meant by the flickering

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/787-missing-textures-and-cockpit-flickering/289007/9?u=gordongreig

1 Like

Agree on the flickering cockpit sunlight shadows, they are an immersion killer and look way too cheesy.

Officially report it as a bug, I’ll definitely upvote it.

What’s your point caller?

You can vote on that link i posted

After posting I just saw it and already voted, thanks.

I have some older images, from the end of September, that don’t show those speckles.

I flew with the same settings then, as I do now. I would need to try re-creating those conditions as close as I could, and try to take similar shots for comparison.