Thinking ahead - rain on windshield

So, when we have the ability for multiple views and a totally removed cockpit, replaced with our own amazing creations, how to we get rain on windshield?

The effect in the sim is pretty good, but as far as I can see is part of the cockpit model and not the outside world. When we lose that model I guess we totally lose rain streaking too?

A spray bottle with water is what I was thinking. Just spray the monitors and to simulate speed I have a fan standing by! :smiley:

Joking aside, but only barely, you’re most likely looking at 3rd party intervention since outside views have never had rain effects. Justflight had a rain effects sound for p3d/fsx. There was also that rain developer that was trying to sell their products to all the aircraft devs a while back. I can’t remember their name but something like that might come along.

I had a nearly complete 744 back with FS2002. At one point (and for a long time) I planned on putting in a modified window washer sprayer outside my pit. Never came to fruition though and had it and many things on hold for a house I was going to buy. Got out of simming eventually and epic programming (the coding back then) took it’s toll on me.

I fly the baron a lot. the rain on the windscreen is exactly why i keep the camera inside the windshield of the actual aircraft…byproduct is I get the nose and propeller blades as well, but the heater element rectangle is something I’d rather have a real one as moving one’s head around inside the cockpit the relationship of it to the horizon would be good for reference as well as the top of the cowling…here’s a pic of what I’m talking about!

1 Like

Create a VC model which mirrors the fuselage but uses the glass material