This game is just incredible, absolutely incredible

I just wanted to thank Microsoft and Asobo for what they have given us. I know there’s been a few bumps, but the level of design and engineering that has gone into this is truly a fantastic next generational achievement.

I work in software and I know how difficult it can be. When I consider I was playing Atari at age 6 and now I’m flying over Miami in real time it just blows my mind.

I took a small flight from Fort Lauderdale to Miami international with the two add on airports from Latinfvr, it’s just beautiful to partake in. The incredible detail on a 1-1 scale of houses, streets and buildings it’s just astonishing. As the sun went down and I approached Miami, the neon lights of the city, the traffic just left me gobsmacked as I came into landing in my husky.

We should appreciate the experience and feel fortunate to be able to partake in this fabulous sim.

Goodnight all!

57 Likes

Since Last HOTFIX and after selectiing live traffic, rather than offline AI traffic, having great flights with NO issues, Thanks,

2 Likes

I, too, think it is incredible. Even my wife likes it after I took her on a tour of the Grand Canyon in the USA. As an old guy who normally plays Destiny 2, it is a fun way to spend even more time on my Xbox!

3 Likes

My home port KFLL… love it!

1 Like

WIll till you get to do dual VR flights… with motion… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you mean flying with a buddy in group, I did that last night! It was difficult to maintain formation and took us awhile to find that our planes overlapped on the runway so we couldn’t see each other until one of us moved! lol

Totally agree with the OP!

1 Like

Yes until Simupdate 5 it was incredible :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As Joe Walsh would say…“I can’t complain but sometimes I still do”…aging myself here. But your absolutely right.

1 Like

Yes, with all it’s various quirks, a stunning achievement!

Totally agree, I’ve not been off it since day one. Love it, just love it.

1 Like

Everyone has their own definition of incredible. I am doing a lot of flights recently in small planes and yes with aircraft mods and addon airports it’s very good. But then recently I did a flight in a jet to London and the scenery became too oversaturated with blue and London city was melted and trees were overgrown. There will always be improvements to make.

You should’ve seen it a month ago…

2 Likes

This is the truth. I cant look at my screenshots from SU4, my game was looking so great!

1 Like

I’d like to chime in and also thank Asobo for this incredible sim. There hasn’t been a day since release that I haven’t played this. Especially in VR it’s a dream come true. It never ceases to amaze me… and while there may still be a niggle or 2, it’s been an overwhelmingly positive experience.

2 Likes

I’m not really all that happy with what happened with SU5 but despite that I still feel that MSFS is nothing short of amazing and really am excited for it’s future.

2 Likes

I too have enjoyed this game thoroughly. Never before were you able to arbitrarily point your finger on the globe and say to yourself, “I’m going to explore this, unknown to me, part of the earth”. This sim keeps getting better and better and of course the future is looking very bright. Thanks MS/Asobo for giving us this incredible simulator and I’m still shocked that it was only just north of $100.

2 Likes

To be honest the ground friction is not even close yet. It’s like landing on ice. The aircraft should not be that difficult to keep in a straight line. This applies to all aircraft, it’s a sim thing.

2 Likes

It sure is, but to me it’s not a game, it’s a simulator.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.