This has really divided the community badly

Personally I feel rather upset about this situation.

As a enthusiast of flight simulation I feel jaded about the delivery of MSFS2020. It may sound dumb but I purchased the premium deluxe version on day one for all the extra goodies that I thought was going to be payware level airports and aircraft. But I was really after the Cessna Citation Longitude. This aircraft remained broken for 2.3 or (AAU1) years and was only usable with Darkfly’s mod. It was not until working title was folded into the development team that the aircraft actually got fixed. And I’m thinking that if they never came along the aircraft would remain broken even today.

I’m not sure how many of you have asked Asobo to please fix ATC and update it to understand SID’s and STAR’s. I’m also not sure how many of you are getting that error that breaks ATC in the middle of a flight. But it sure would be nice to have that fixed.

As far as I’m aware the sim is in a mostly decent state with crashing not happening all that often. I’m fine with the release of MSFS 2024 if that means they are not going to pull the plug on all the online features of MSFS 2020 till at least 2035.

I personally will not be purchasing MSFS 24 Unless it is a substantial upgrade and “ALL” Aircraft from MSFS 2020 are migrated. Also all backend systems from simconnect need to be migrated so that the thousands of dollars of hardware that I have purchased like the Stream Deck(s) and Touch Screen(s) plus other hardware.

The main reason I am not feeling good about MSFS 24 is because of how badly I have been treated over the years submitting detailed tickets about the issues I have had. I have been banned twice on these forums asking for help and the Mods in both cases would not give me a reason. Yes the posts where snarky but all expletive language was censored anyway. It was simply frustration after all the years of issue after issues and none of it getting fixed. Until again Working Title.

Now you have the age old fight going on in the forums and no one is doing anything about it. Not the Mods and not the development team. You have the people that are genuinely upset about this because of some of the reasons listed. And you have others that are trying to invalidate legitimate worries. Many of them are probably not very invested into the sim and do not see an issue because they are simply purchasing another game. If you have not spent hundreds of hours programming your gear making it just the way you want it. And all you do in the sim is fly around looking for your house or a building. You can’t possibly feel what others are feeling. It also feels like a troll delegitimizing peoples worries.

14 Likes

How something can be broken for 3.3 years if it wasn’t even released 3 years ago…

2 Likes

That is true. But that is your take away from my post. A technical time error. Edit I fixed it (AAU1)

2 Likes

That keeps getting repeat by everyone.
Anyhow…i am really sorry for you guys that bought premium. You have a valid reason to be disappointed, i honestly feel you didn’t get what you paid for.
But let’s see how’ll this work

1 Like

I’m somewhat disheartened by the 2024 announcement. At first when I thought it was a DLC I was curious, but now I’m very much wait and see - not going to condemn it but not ready to pre-order.

I got the Premium, I haven’t had any major issues with the sim, but feel like it wasn’t a complete sim at launch. I have never really been bothered by it because I was under the assumption that it was an ongoing product development with a 10-year plan and just figured I would eventually get all the ‘stuff’ I expected, and they had talked about at various points.

Now I feel like they’re going to ask for my money again to give me the finished product. I know it’s oversimplified and maybe partially my own understanding of what they said, but it’s still in the back of my mind.

All said, I have (and continue) to enjoy the sim very much.

4 Likes

It’s just frustrating. When MSFS was announced (and now 2024 is announced), I specifically invested a lot of money to be able to play this game in 4K with all the details that make the experience immersive. June 2023: I’m still sitting here during my vacation, nearly a week in, and nothing has significantly improved after reading through all sorts of threads and trying to tweak every possible setting bit by bit. The biggest impact on FPS was the switch in the Fenix config to “Render Displays on GPU.” Nevertheless, I can’t go beyond 35 FPS. By the way, it doesn’t matter whether:

→ all tests conducted on the ground at EDDF (Gate B28)

Resolution is set to Full HD or 4K
manual assignment of cores to be used and not used in the Task Manager (FenixDisplay.exe)
NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution set to Quality or Performance
DX11 or DX12
Terrain LOD set to 100
running tests with clear skies
most settings on Low or High, fewest on Ultra
Process Lasso

Fenix textures reduced from 8K to 4K
username hidden above aircraft
Airport Life Vehicle Density set to 80
Worker Density set to 0
Land and Sea Traffic: Boats set to 0, Road Vehicles set to 10, Ships and Ferries set to 20, Fauna set to 40

Photogrammetry always enabled, no data limit (connection speed 100 Mbit via LAN), no antivirus software except Windows Defender. By the way, in the main menu, the FPS increases to around 100, and GPU utilization ranges between 82% and 87%. However, in the actual gameplay, GPU utilization drops to 35% to 42%. Out of the 16 CPU cores (8 logical cores), only cores 8-11 are heavily utilized.

I understand that there are other factors to consider, such as Airport Traffic, Live Traffic, and Live Weather. However, I don’t want to be tweaking settings when I invested in all of this to begin with. It’s like buying a car, and the wheels make strange noises while driving, and the mechanic recommends removing the wheels and propping the car up on stones - problem solved. I refuse to believe that neither Asobo, Microsoft, nor Fenix were aware of these issues. An Intel i9-11900k may not be Intel’s flagship (the GPU shouldn’t be the bottleneck - it runs fine in-game), but this kind of software mess should be prohibited. It’s incredibly unfinished. I’m really angry!

I’m throwing all this garbage out the window. I’ve really had enough!

System Specs:
Intel i9 11900k
ASUS 12GB D6X RTX 3080 Ti TUF Gaming OC
32 GB RAM @ 3,600
ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-Plus

Fenix A320

1 Like

I feel you buddy. On top of hardware I mentioned in my OP. I also picked up a RTX 4090 specifically for MSFS 2020. I think I paid $1750 USD for just the card.

3 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here, and suggest your posts were not framed as constructive criticism.

4 Likes

They where not criticism they where asks for help with an issue.

2 Likes

Make sure to disable rolling cache. It causes performance issues when full.

This! I have an HD dedicated to rolling cache.

Is disabled.

I was hoping this thread would actually talk about the division of the community as a result of the announcement. Hopefully would have led to “we all just need to chill until we get more info”

But it’s just more “Here’s why i’m not buying it.”

Does not make for a conducive conversation and further illustrates the division in the community. Which i’m still rereading the original post to figure out where this is mentioned

2 Likes

I just purchased a new gaming PC with the RTX 4090 too. It’s huge! :scream:

Well… if the 2020 version worked properly, I would be happy for the community that wants to play a story-based SIMULATOR with arcade planes.

1 Like

This sub-forum is for discussing opinions on MSFS 2024 and not for bashing users or moderators. Closing this as inappropriate. Please be respectful of everyone in the forums and if you are upset about any moderator actions in the past taken on your account and are unresolved, feel free to reach out privately.