This is a very good sim!

Agreed. MSFS is a very good flight simulator, although it’s got several features missing, specially in the IFR and avionics department, and flight model also have issues. It’s got bugs of various kinds in various aspects. @anon50268670 made an excellent compilation of some of these missing issues and bugs and I’d request everyone to vote them up.

But users like me are willing to invest in the meantime, buy some of the addon airports and aircraft, use and enjoy it, report any issues (if found) to the devs, and just enjoy whatever we got. Cause I guess we find it enjoyable in its current state, perhaps? But just cause we enjoy it doesn’t mean the missing features and bugs should be considered to be of low priority, and I hope the developers are aware of that.

Software of such massive scale is incredibly complex (and could get even more complex as more sophisticated features are added in future) and will take time, and hence I guess the developers have been saying from the very beginning things like “The journey has only begun” or “we are gonna support and develop it for 10+ years” or “this is only the beginning of a long journey”. Microsoft and Asobo developers have been very honest about this from the beginning according to my observation. This is an early access model and I did enjoy quite a few early access applications that I truly enjoyed and supported (Pavlov VR for example, which was released back in 2017 and is still early access).

(Honorable mention to Working Title, Pimarc, MrTommy, Kaneron, FlyByWire and any and all third party and community developers who are contributing to MSFS, whether for free or for money. Their contributions make my time in MSFS way more enjoyable than the default offerings do.)

I do enjoy MSFS as a whole in its current state, and so is an unbelievably high number of people, a number that we never had in the past, and we do enjoy the updates, and the improvements that make their way into the sim (trackir, VR, controller sensitivity such as extremity and reactivity options which totally changed aircraft handling for me for the better, and countless other positive things), and if an update introduces new bugs and breaks stuff, some of us get a bit upset, which is normal imo, but that’s how life is, whether we like it or not. Other consumer home desktop flight simulators also have their major share of issues, whether we like it or not. It’s a new normal and we have to accept it, whether we like it or not.

From here on out we only hope for the best for MSFS 2020, and thank the developers at Microsoft and Asobo for achieving the impossible, for daring to attempt to create a realistic representation of the whole world. Not just flight simulation but a world simulation (as told by PMDG’s Robert), in which some astonishing pieces of technology and simulation can be inserted. A whole world, and even a semi-realistic simulation of it, is a giant task, and I thank the development team for accepting the challenge.

P.S. Reposting @anon50268670’s summary for extra visibility, and a request to all to vote them all up:

2 Likes