Thoughts on why performance has gotten worse

I set my sceondary scale to default 1.0. I think this is more for those with older graphics-cards? Could not see much of a difference because when i balanced that change i have the quality i had before. My issue is more that i need more CPU-power :slight_smile:

An improvement would be if all of those is at 4k for me without reduce in gpu-load. That i need a better graphics card for. I run almost in 4k already. Do not feel the need to upgrade yet.

Also an improvement for me would be if they made Photogrammetry and Traffic more stable to be able to increase t-lod at the same time i have traffic and PG ON if they can’t do that i either need to wait for su10 dx12 improvements or wait for better CPUS. The CPUS available right now is not that much of an upgrade of what i already have.

I know by upgrading i would see increase in FPS. Thats whats upgrading is for right? If i knew my fps wouldn’t increase with the settings i have now the sim would be bad optimised right? I know we would get increased fps if they optimised traffic and photogrammetry. But i’m not sure if they can optimise those without degrade in graphics? If they need to decrease graphics in those it’s no point optimising them right?

For those hoping to have T-lod optimised i would suggest to vote on those

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/suggestion-for-performance-optimization-make-terrain-lod-only-affect-terrain-and-ground-textures-with-separate-lod-sliders-for-other-things/509780?u=perrry

Or this

As you can see we had the same issue at release with stutters near ground that made this user request/wish for dynamic LOD.

Performance/graphics complains will never stop as long as this sim is in development.

1 Like