Throttle and collective settings?

I’m guessing that the collective is not configured correcty. There’s the new collective axis setting but what do I use for throttle? They both seem to want to control rotor pitch.

Search is a friend:

Bell 407 - Microsoft Flight Simulator / Official Feedback - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

767 posts in that thread. There is a helicopter throttle axis setting in control options. It doesn’t work. Is there a workaround?
Also, the cyclic barely moves with full range of controller deflection. There seems to be a lag between input and movement.
Is this just how it is at this point in time? Just need to know if I should shelve helicopters until the kinks are worked out.

1 Like

@JCSLOVE You are not writing which helicopter you are using. In the MS/Nemeth 407 and the Cowansim 206/500, the helicopter throttle axis does not work. In fact it seems inop for all turbine helicopters using the Asobo flight model. There is hope it will work with the upcoming SU12.

In the Asobo Cabri G2 and the FlyInside 206 the helicopter throttle axis work fine, at least on my machine.

There is an issue with the governor as well. The governor and the throttle will fight each other if you have the heli throttle axis set to a physical control. The governor will keep trying to adjust the throttle as it should, but the sim keeps reading the physical control position. I reported this as a bug when the Cabri first dropped.

The governor for turbines needs work from Asobo as well as the turbine throttle, both of which were talked about in the last development update.

We’re getting there! Helicopters have only been part of MSFS for 4 months now. They will improve, as everything else has.

Thanks for the info. I have a DIY collective and thought the issue was with it. Glad to know it’s not. I will continue using DCS for my Helo fix till Asobo works the kinks out.
Is there a way to turn off the governor like the Fly Inside birds?