Throttle decreases without input from controls

While flying any aircraft in the sim (either generic or add-on), the throttle regularly decreases without input from the controls. The throttle cuts out approximately every five seconds or so, making flying very difficult.

I’m using the Steam version on PC.

I’m having the same issue and more. My flaps keep changing too. It seems like input from the ailerons is leaking into the other controls causing the throttle and flaps to oculate back and forth uncontrollably.

I tried deleting and redefining the controls but that made no change.

My planes are un-flyable…

I need help or a fix

I forgot to mention…
Windows 10
Flight Simulator 1.21.13.0

How high up were you? The sim now accounts for the thinness of the air at relatively-high altitudes. For example, if you try to take the F-15 above 42K in some places, you get the same effect.

Oh that sounds terrible. I can’t say I’m having those issues with the flaps and ailerons, but now I’ve found my throttle wont respond at all. The throttle lever on all planes just stutters continuously and wont move with input on the controls. My planes are unflyable now also. I’ve logged a bug report with the sim.

I’ve experienced the issue at less than 1000 feet and in clear sky. I highly suspect its a bug as it only started after SU7.

3 Likes

I started Flight Sim a day later after my first mention of this issue(Throttle and other controls changing without my input), none of my input customizations existed anymore. I redefined them and everything behaved perfectly. I flew around for about 1/2 hour, then I shut it down to go for dinner, when I restarted it my controls were miss behaving again as they did before in my previous entry.

Something very weird is going on, it is effecting the controls and is making the system un-usable.
I fear this problem may be difficult to isolate because it is effecting everyone with unique problems based on how they use and customize the simulation. There are lots of log entries around performance and this is related. It all started with the last update (1.21.13.0)

Someone was talking about backing up your custom settings so they can be quickly and easily restored. That is something I would be interested in doing but I have no idea how to do that. It would be greatly appreciated if the steps to backup and restore custom settings/options were explained in detail.
That would alleviate a lot of frustration for me and many others I’m sure.
Thanks in advance, and I hope this problem can be figured out soon …

I should have been a bit more specific…

(Throttle and other controls changing without my input)
should have read:
(Throttle and other controls changing without my input while in flight)

1 Like

Having similar issues with the Longitude. Reverse thruster not working with Logitech joystick, when this feature was working prior to the last upgrage. Recently installed the Garmin add on, but now the Longitude gets erratic and loses power when leveling off around 27000 feet.

I have been using the development build of the FBW A320 for some time without issue; however, I had to abort my last 2 flights due to erratic movement of the throttles. I deleted the aircraft from the community folder and opened the FBW installer to reinstall but kept getting an error. So I decided to go with the stable build which downloaded OK but when I powered up the aircraft, none of the glass displays powered up. Anyone have or similar issue? Thanks

My throttle started randomly decreasing and increasing at 25,000ft no matter which aircraft I used. I’ve changed from live weather and AI air traffic to preset and off and it’s stopped doing this.

1 Like

I have had the same issue since 12/2/2021, also using live weather but live traffic not AI traffic. Did you toggle these settings off then on or keep them off to stop this? Thanks. It is interesting to me that this occurred some time after the last update. I have also notice my settings change when there was no update noted.

It’s fixed now. Fly away!

sounds like my bug jerky throttle and lost of control on the stick flight simulator 2020 bug - YouTube

I have discovered that if AP selector on my Honeycomb Bravo Quadrant is set to IAS from a previous flight, throttles have a mind of their own. Quit to desktop, change AP selector to any setting other than IAS and it should resolve the issue. Hope this helps.

Throttle on DC-3 and others cuts out while trying to take off. Then the plane makes a sharp turn to the left. Cannot fly.

Did you confirm that all Piloting Assistance options were turned off?

I changed the Assist Options from Easy to Medium and it seems to have worked. Thanks.

1 Like