Throttle not responding since SU5

If I take off from the ground, I have no problem with the throttle. If I pause and resume a flight, start a flight in mid-air or pick one of the Discovery flights that do that, then the throttle does not respond, stays on minimum power and the aircraft becomes a glider.

This is regardless of whether I use the Thrustmaster Airbus throttle, or change to cockpit view and use the throttle there with the mouse.

The throttle appears to respond (animation in cockpit, or on the screen) but in practice there is no power. In a real aircraft I would assume the throttle cable had broken.

As far as I can tell it applies to all aircraft.

1 Like

I had noticed similar - I think that the “throttle doesn’t work after ESC to menu pause” bug is back.

On one occasion for me it was too late and I spiralled into the ground.

On another I had enough time to go back into Control Options and check that I actually had flight control responses there.
When j got back into game they actually started working and I had enough altitude to fix the issue and carry on.

Thanks for that, I shall play around with pausing the flight sim with the aircraft at altitude. See if checking the Control Options helps there. I never had that bug before - did it just ‘go away’ for you?

Curious, If I’m in a turbine engined aircraft (jet or tuboprop) I can’t get off the ground. The engine just doesn’t start. Piston, no problem. And if I use ESC to pause the flight, I can resume OK but find that the flaps have fully extended (In a Cirrus SR22).

Now just tried starting a flight in an Airbus above the ground. One engine running, the other off and impossible to start. Going to play around with this a bit more and report the bug. ■■■■ weird.

I’m seeing a fair amount of control issue’s discussed in the forum since SU5 and I’m wondering now if these are less about actual bugs and more about the way settings etc are stored to the cloud.
During update madness the servers must have been getting hammered and folks dropping on and offline. Perhaps some corruption occurs with the cloud/local sync.

Probably worth going through all your control profiles and making sure everything is where you expect and you don’t have some ghost mappings which are doing random stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.