Throttle position problem

I bought an aftermarket Throttle prop and mixture setup. For a long time, I ignored the fact my idle would not go below about 1100 RPM. A day or so ago the problem was making it hard to land. when you pull the power all the way back it stops about 1/2" short of idle the others do the same but don’t affect anything. Anyone have any Ideas of how to fix it.

Calibrate the throttles?

1 Like

Moved to Community Support-Tech support for community assistance.

Hi
Tried it and nothing. Same problem. I don’t know but the calibration starts on top of the first box for all three.
Hank

Which one?

Have you looked at gaming devices in Windows under “Set up USB Gaming Controllers” to see what Windows is seeing for your lever movements?

What brand of throttle are you using?

Cessna Style Throttle, Propeller and Mixture (TPM) Controller For Flight Sims PC/Mac
That’s the Controller. Sold by: Flight Sim Stuff. Amazon
The windows app says starting at 10%. recalibrating it has no effect on the starting position of the Throttle MSFS will start at idle, but any movement starts the problem. Also, MSFS2020 also starts not at the bottom but 1 block higher which is 10%. I am surprised that calibrating doesn’t start at 0 or have a way to adjust it not only in the sim but in windows.
It really wasn’t that big of a problem until I bought the Mooney M20R which if you get a little bounce, it keeps getting bigger until you crash or go around.

I’m not familiar with that, but Logitech is not able to be calibrated either.
I have found this https://heusinkveld.com/download-diview/ free calibration tool to be one that works well .
It may be some help.

https://flightsimstuff.com/pages/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-controller-setup

1 Like

Hi
Thank you. I contacted the seller, he gave me the same information. The problem I had was I am a Pilot but not versed in computer workings other than buying on Amazon, which has caused most of my problems with the sim. I had calibrated it several times without any result other than 10% off fully extended throttle! Here’s where the lack of knowledge comes in. Exit out of MSFS2020 first!!! My first computer had a 500meg hard drive and cost about $2400, I should be further along than this? Most every problem I have had has been something almost as simple as this. One other thing is other than MSFS2020 I have never played any sort of game’s if I had I might not have looked at the flying sim the same as flying an actual aircraft. In an aircraft you need to know which Dials, buttons, switches, or knobs to turn to fly and know what they mean and what’s up if they say something other than what’s in the green. but you don’t need to know how they were put together and why and how to solve the calibration problems and fix them. It’s a new world for me. I just wish it wasn’t so much fun when everything goes as it should.
Thank you
Hank

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.