Throttle quadrant initial setup

Hi,

I have the Logitech Flight Yoke System with a throttle quadrant.

When starting a flight the engine is running and the mixture is fine, but when I click fly the engine stops because the mixture is wrong.

How should I setup the levers to match before I start my flight?

Throttle / Propeller / Mixture?

Thanks

I’m no expert, but I’d say throttle only a little off minimum, mixture full rich, propellor wherever you like.

Hi RAGAMUN, be sure you have the Mixture and the Prop leaver in the right position and not in Cutoff before you hit the Fly button. If not the engine will stop running.

Thanks @TermedGuitar749 but what IS the correct position? I’ve found out not to have the mixture on zero/pulled all down. But I don’t know if 100%/all they way up is the right position.

Then there’s the propeller setting: up, down or somewhere in between?

There was a time when getting a cold petrol engine started required pumping the throttle and pulling out the choke to get a rich enough mixture to fire up. Now with fuel injection and the like, people forget that stuff.

To start a cold engine*, you need the richest mixture you can manage, even if only for a few seconds. For a hot engine, it’s very different.

*Unless it’s a Lotus: they had a choke, but you should never use it.

Hi, the correct position of the mixture leaver is full rich ( 100% ) you can leave it there. leaning the engine ( correct mixture at cruise level is a whole chapter in its self ) and that is depending on Altitude , Weather and temperature.
The Prop leaver i leave it on 50% until Takeoff and then it goes to 100% as soon i’m lined up on the runway just before takeoff. Again do a surch on Youtube.
What in youre case 100% is depends on how you set it up if all the way up is 100% then 0% is all the way down.
Hope this helps a bit
Happy landings

1 Like

Hey guys;
Sorry to break into this thread, but for some reason I cannot start a new thread.
So I have the Logitech Saitek Pro Throttle Quad. Everything seems to be working, but I am perplexed as to what the 6 little rubber pins that came with the throttle quad are to be used for. I have checked YT vids and searched here, but there isn’t any mention of these.

These were in the carton with the screws, but in a separate plastic wrap.
I could not find anywhere on the controller that they should be inserted.
Anyone have any idea?
Thanks
Ethan