Throttles no longer working

Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

NO, its happening in every aircraft

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

F18, PMDG 737

Brief description of the issue:

Throttles are no longer working. Its been about 4 days since getting in game. I enjoy the PMDG 737, and F35 models. I started the game, advanced the throttle and out of no where the thrust reversers come on and I have eratic throttle movements. As it went into thrust reverse the nose of the plane just lifted off the ground while still sitting in the chocks. I tried getting into my FSUPIC settings, the control settings and everything was as it was before. I tried the F18 as its a dual throttle setup as well with same results. NO matter what I did, Throttle Axis 1, 2 or binding them to default single axis for both throttles it seems the left one would dance around and not give the correct engine performance. I started with a completely default profile with same results. Now game is unplayable due to this bug/issue

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I just got into the game. Advanced throttle to having them being eratic, jumping around

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

ASUS ROG Strix X-570-E MB
RYZEN 5 3600 3.6GHz
PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT (AMD)
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR 4 3200 32GB
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog
Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

A lot of your post describes you using addons-I suggest removing those and try again.

That could be causing it!

Hi there, what you are describing sounds like your joystick might have a bad throttle axis.

Can you test the throttle using the Windows Calibration Tool without MSFS running to see if it is still jumping around?

(Follow the ‘Option 2’ instructions at the link below to calibrate your joystick)

If that calibration and test doesn’t show any issues, can you please remove all of your mods and add-ons to see if the throttle problem still happens?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

No, throttle is working fine

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes I have tried the calibration and all working fine. I loaded up DCS to try and all worked there as well. The only plane I added since last known working was the DCDesign F4, I removed it from my hanger and tried again with same results. Advancing throttles to full bugged them out and retarded them fully despite my throttle position. Should be noted I tried this with and without having the afterburners mapped

That’s great news that your throttle isn’t faulty!

Please can you try removing all of your mods and add-ons to help with confirming that this is a possible MSFS bug? (The guidelines ask forum members to try this before logging a bug report!)

As requested I deleted my community folder (mods/addons) to no avail, same issue(s). I have enclose a vid link to see. Every time the throttles are set to max and stay there they retard to half which is where for some reason they start then bounce and glitch.https://youtu.be/osM5mLo5hHs

1 Like

Thank you for trying that :slight_smile:

I just had another thought about what might be causing it, can you check your throttle axis bindings in MSFS to make sure that you don’t have multiple joystick axis assigned as throttle? (I had this with mine once, the 2nd axis randomly chose to retard the throttle to idle at Vr :melting_face:)

If that is set up ok, the last thing I can think of that might be a fix would be to delete your Controls Profile for the joystick and start a new one from scratch in case anything is corrupted.

Just for giggles I even unplugged my XBOX Controller thinking there might be a conflict, no such luck though. Before I started this thread I literally started a new profile for my throttle quadrant, pic enclosed to see as such. Im at a loss that this was working a few days ago and now this, all out of know where.

Normally what you’re describing tends to be a rogue AI assist setting getting turned on at random.

Do you have axis mapped in msfs as well as fsuipc?

OK so may have found it but don’t know why it would be doing it since I don’t mess with it. So I disconnected FSUPIC from the sim and throttles seemed to work ok. I had profiles for the PMDG 737, the F18, and CRJ aircraft, all profile speciofic and not once did anything like this happen. It wasn’t limited to one profile the whole thing was corrupted I guess but I don’t know where. You think you can look at the .ini and see what you see?

FSUIPC7 ini.txt (10.5 KB)

At the time this happened I didn’t have anything mapped in game options themselves since I fly the same AC primarily