Thrustmaster Airbus joystick RUDDER problem with intermittent flicking without input. [SOLVED]

Are you having issues with your Thrustmaster Airbus Joystick where the rudder all of a sudden flicks left/right without input?

I found the issue.

Open the bottom of the device and you will see 2 (two) tapes holding the wires in place. You have to loosen the tape that is holding the wire going into the handle. Then feed some of those wires into the handle to give it slack, maybe about half an inch. Put the tape back and close the bottom.

Now open the handle (screws 4-top; 1-middle and 2 on bottom). You will notice the wire is too tight and is getting tugged when you twist the rudder. Just pull a bit of that wire so it doesnt get tugged. Now close the handle and enjoy your new precise rudder.

The picture shown below is how you want the wires in the handle to look like before you close it.

Thanks Pulsepowered - that solved finally my problem ! We need more of you in this forum. Thx again

2 Likes

oo thanks very much you solved my problem also

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I have solved the problem. It seems that the factory joystick is poorly assembled. I take this opportunity to ask you a question. I also have the add on quadrant and since the last world update, the famous SIM VI), of MSFS 2020 the flaps and the aerodynamic brake do not work. Do you know how to solve the problem? In the last patch it seems that the problem is not solved either. Thank you very much for your help

I would assume you connected 2 usb cables on the bottom of the quadrant? Then on the controls setting, make sure sensitivity is at default which should look like a diagonal line. Then play with the “reverse” checkbox and see which one will make it move normally.

Topic Author marked post as Solved.