Thrustmaster Boeing TCA Yoke disables all sounds on my PC

I have searched and found no other posts on this, but if I missed one please forgive me…

Amazon just delivered my Thrustmaster Boeing TCA Yoke. (Yeah!) Unfortunately, just as I fired up MSFS to try it out I discovered that the sound system on my PC had totally died. (Booo). I spent literally hours this evening trying to figure out what had gone wrong with my sound system. My hard wired speakers wont work, my bluetooth connected speakers wont work, and even my bluetooth earbuds wont work with any thing on the computer, not just MSFS. I finally discovered that the Thrustmaster Boeing yoke was the source of the problems. If I unplug the USB from the yoke, my sound system fully works as normal. As soon as I plug the yoke USB back in, all sound is disabled on the PC.
Has any one else experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it???

1 Like

Sounds like a power draw issue (pun definitely intended). Like it’s drawing too much power from the PC that it doesn’t have enough power to run the sound card or wireless.

Have you tried plugging the yoke to a different USB port? Perhaps to a higher USB version? Or perhaps use an actively powered USB hub?

I’m just now looking into the yoke. It does have an earphone jack on the back—according to a review I watched. You may just need to switch your sound output back to your speaker, either in windows or MSFS settings.

Have you tried just plugging in a headset on the left side of the yoke?

It is detected by windows as external audio card. For some reason as soon as you plug this in is making is as default output. Go to audio settings in windows and change default one to what you need. Btw its pretty cool feature there because you can make ATC output through your yoke and rest of sim through speakers another little bit for an immersion. I have very short cable for my headphones so it works great out of yoke :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have not. But I will give it a try. Thank you!

Plugging the speakers into the left side of the yoke returns sound back to the speakers, but then I am left with needing to climb under the desk and behind the computer to plug them back to the sound port when I’m done with the yoke, which is less than ideal. Would much rather just have the speakers continue to work in their normal configuration.

On the bottom right of your Windows screen I.e. the taskbar you should see a speaker icon. You should be able to click on the speaker icon and select the playback device, I.e. your speakers.

2 Likes

You can also just disable the Sound Device that’s going through your USB port. In the Device Management on your Windows, you should see multiple sound devices. One of them should be the one that comes through your Boeing Yoke headphone jack. You just need to disable it, and Windows will use the other sound device as main.

1 Like

Bingo! This was the solution. I knew it had to be fairly simple, I just wasn’t thinking of it. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

You can also just disable the Sound Device that’s going through your USB port. In the Device Management on your Windows, you should see multiple sound devices. One of them should be the one that comes through your Boeing Yoke headphone jack. You just need to disable it, and Windows will use the other sound device as main.

Thank you!

No worries, it is easy to fall into the trap of thinking something has gone wrong where computers are concerned, somethings these things are simply features that serve a purpose. Glad it got you sorted.

Awsome, this just saved the day. disable the sound fixed my issue, Thank you very much.
They should put this in the manual, im ending up to by buying a usb hub that got power from the wal, but that costed money but no solutions. this makes me very happy and makes my day.

1 Like

Winner winner chicken dinner. Solid advice!!