ThrustMaster Hotas X

MSFS è veramente irritante, frustrante ed avvilente !!! Dopo ennesimo ed ultimo aggiornamento (Nord Europa)
Joystick non si riesce più a settare e calibrare in nessun modo, fa quello che vuole…Manetta accelera motore da sola, timone non risponde, ruotino a terra anche…
Non è possibile che ad ogni aggiornamento “sputtanano” qualcosa.
Il joystick funziona perfettamente, testato con FSX, mi viene voglia di tornarci…
Peccato perchè la grafica è stupefacente, ma tutto il resto lascia molto a desiderare, 300 comandi da tastiera?, Aerei con modelli di volo ridicoli, cockpit non funzionali, quando basterebbe avere in alternativa un bel 2D funzionante…

Senza dimenticare che per cercare di pilotare un Airbus, bisogna fate un …corso da Pilota a Malpensa,
Assurdo !!!

MSFS is really irritating, frustrating and disheartening !!! After yet another and last update (Northern Europe)
Joystick can no longer be set and calibrated in any way, it does what it wants … Throttle accelerates the engine by itself, the rudder does not respond, they also rotate on the ground …
It is not possible that with every update they “screw up” something.
The joystick works perfectly, tested with FSX, I want to go back …
Too bad because the graphics are amazing, but everything else leaves a lot to be desired, 300 keyboard commands ?, Aircraft with ridiculous flight models, non-functional cockpits, when it would be enough to have a nice working 2D instead …

Without forgetting that to try to fly an Airbus, you need to take a … Pilot course on Alitalia Flight Simulator at Malpensa,
Absurd !!!

Are you using the standard default profiles? Have you tried creating new profiles and mapping the functions yourself to check?

Also, might be worth checking that you are in the right flight model. It should be modern for all Asobo aircraft (and any “msfs2020 native” add-on aircraft)
Possibly it should be set to Legacy for FSX conversions but as I don’t have any I cannot confirm.

sounds to me user error.

Just to confirm that it’s not a general issue affecting everyone with that hardware: I’m using the Thrustmaster Hotas X One with the current version of MSFS with no problems whatsoever.

1 Like

Thanks first of all for the answers.
I would however specify that the model I use is Modern, that I don’t use the default configuration of MSFS, but I make configuration look more like FSX. Now after so many attempts I’m almost there, but what refuses to work is the rudder on the ground that doesn’t allow me to park the planes, (just keep going straight) !!
I also tried to lock the rudder on the bar (screw) and to use levers behind the trhottle but it always goes straight only !!?
I wish I could understand why it has always worked before (with FSX it works perfectly) and now with MSFS it does not.
Sensitivity, rudder axles, etc. ???
Where am I wrong ???
Thank you

Hi, lucky you who can use it, to me
rudder remains fixed on straight, especially on the ground, so I can’t move at the airport, throttle does what it wants, accelerates by itself for no reason, but as it happens with FSX it works perfectly, and with MSFS 2020 only after the last update I have these problems.
Who knows why …
I have tried all the settings and calibrations but … nothing
Hotas X is normally recognized by MSFS, but it doesn’t work even with its default configuration …?
I have not enabled neither automatic rudder nor ground rotation.
I don’t understand, because it works perfectly with FSX.
Where am I wrong ???
It’s really depressing …

I also read that I am not the only one to have problems with the rudder, from the posts it is clear that many others also have problems with other peripherals … so I don’t think I’m the only clumsy or loser in the world, when before updates worked perfectly.
Who knows why ???
■■■■ updates, every time they create problems … !!!
Now I have uninstalled MSFS, then will I try with a new install? !!!

Just a wild guess; as if it works with FSX it might not be this, but…

At the front of the joystick is a button that says (PC - PS3) I had mine switch accidently and it messed with all the settings, took me a while to figure it out.

1 Like

Is it easy to say user error?
Why does it work perfectly with FSX?
Even with the default configuration it detects MSFS does not work;
same problems, rudder always straight especially on the ground, throttle that suddenly accelerates by itself,
I have no automatic rudder engaged, so … ???
Do you have any solution ???
Please help me understand where I’m wrong, thank you.

Now I have installed Hotas X driver, although Plug and Play, you never know.
I will try to reinstall MSFS2020 and then hopefully …

Eureka !!! Unbelievable after Hotas X driver and reinstall it would seem to work, I almost don’t believe it …
anyway thanks to all x the collaboration.

Eureka!!! Incredibile dopo il driver Hotas X e la reinstallazione sembrerebbe funzionare, quasi non ci credo…
comunque grazie a tutti x la collaborazione.

Logged on to play this morning and ALL my bindings for the Thrustmater Hotas X ARE GONE!!!
Has this happened to anyone else? THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME!!! After 100’s of attempts I can no longer change and save my custom bindings. Can anyone help with this? I HATE THE DEFAULT SETTINGS.
Thanks. Any info will be helpful.