Thrustmaster T.1600M Throttle camera panning problem

Hi everyone. My Thrustmaster T.1600M throttle quadrant has started developing an issue where by the camera controlled by the little joystick will drift uncontrollably on the vertical axis. The camera will drift all the way down until its pointing at the seat (or towards the ground in exterior view) and if I reposition it up it’ll just very quickly uncontrollably pan down again.

If I go into the control settings page the axis bar is continually flickering back and forth as if its being moved but I’m not touching anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve heard that the little joystick on the T.1600 throttle quadrant isn’t the best quality and is a bit of a weak point. I’ve had mine less than a year though.

I’ve tried increasing the dead zone in the sensitivity menu but hasn’t made any difference.

I get that jumping around for the twist action on the stick. I took it apart and cleaned it but that didn’t help. Google searches show I can replace the sensor to fix it but since I was using it for rudder control I went with pedals instead and don’t use the twist action for anything.

First thing to try is take it apart and clean it. Maybe that will help. If not then you’ll just have to stop using that control.

1 Like

Cheers. I might look into sending it back to get fixed as its only about 9 months old. It’ll still be under warranty. I want to upgrade to an X56 Rhino anyway but I was hoping to sell the T.1600 to off set the cost. I can’t really sell it for much if there’s a known fault.

I know you can easily use the mouse to the control the camera but I just find it a bit easier to use a joystick on the throttle. Particularly when coming into land.

I had the exact same problem with my throttle. I had mine not even for two months before this problem started. I guess it‘s pretty cheap hardware they used for these things. The throttle is still under warranty. But they don‘t offer support for my country and having it send back would have been really expensive and not worth the trouble.

I ended up using a pretty big deadzone for the little joystick in one if the axes.

Recently I bought a Honeycomb Throttle, so I‘ m not using the Thrustmaster anymore. In fact I really regret buying it as it is not worth it’s money.

1 Like

I had a similar problem with the rudder control (the Z-Axis) on the joystick (I have one without throttles). It was jittery and jumping all over the place, without hardly touching it.

I took it apart (which I don’t recommend… it’s a nasty thing to get back together properly) and doused that component with a hefty dose of WD-40. Problem solved.

I’m not sure how the throttle thingy works, but if it’s easier to open up - and there’s no warranty or refund considerations - it might be worth a shot (of WD-40).

1 Like

There is a reset cockpit view button. Pushing it helped for me tot get rid of the panning of the camera.