Thrustmaster T.Flight pedals, not going full left rudder

For some reason on all my planes Left Rudder doesnt go full travel. Im using Thrustamaster T.Flight pedals. If i goto sensitivity settings, and go full right rudder its fine, but full left only goes about 25% of travel, which obviously makes Taxi pretty difficult. Heres an example with the spitfire, both at full rudder travel.

Can you share the screenshot of the sensitivity screen for the rudder axis?

Sure, so again, these are full lock on the pedals. As far as i can tell, you cant adjust each side independantly, which makes me think its a bug?

Yeah, there’s definitely something wrong with the full left-lock travel. It’s not moving to the left enough.

It looks like either a hardware issue (like something stuck or something) or hardware calibration issue.

If I had to make a quick fix using the sensitivity for that, I would use the Sensitivity+ slider and add them, so that when you do a full lock on left, the white dot should be sitting at the very bottom of the axis. But that’s just putting a bandage over the wound. It still won’t solve the issue why you have a different travel on the full left compared to the full right.

You should be expecting a full left lock to have the white dot at the bottom left corner.

I would check and see what you’re getting in the windows calibration tool and complete a calibration there and see if it opens up.

You can find it under usb game controllers or usb controllers, forget exactly what it’s called.

Cheers mate, just tried then, seems my left rudder isnt going full deflection in there, so im guessing theres a hardware issue… ■■■■ thrustmaster ■■■■, not even 6 months old!!

Cheers mate, think my pedals are gone, not even 6 months old

Two things you can try first though.

1. calibrate and see if that fixes it.
  2. reset them and see if that clears it.

I’ve seen it go both ways and both are done from that menu.

Theres no option to calibrate, just has the three bars of movment, then the first window just has my stick, and pedals. im on windows 11 though might be different

Can you post a screenshot?

Is the options in the flightsim legacy mode on or off?

And when you click on “Properties” and then “Settings” you don’t see

Reset to default and Calibrate?

I believe you can also just double click the device and get the menus as well.

Nah, weird thing that just happened now is i cant click on properties anymore, first time was that screen shot, but now it says device not connected, but has the WarBIRD base written on top of the box, even if i highlight T-rudder

Odd, I just did a quick Google search for the calibration in Windows 11 and others posted the same screen shot (as mine) that it should be the same as Windows 10.

One suggestion was uninstall any drivers for that device (if you have any installed) then try the Windows method again.

It happens to me sometimes when I plugin the pedals while they are not centered. Try to replug them while they are centered and see if it helps?

This is what happens now, the settings tab is there, but im pretty sure its for my stick, as wasnt there with pedals

…just tried several diff usb ports still no good

If applicable, I would unplug the devices, uninstall any software / drivers for them. Reboot, plug one in and then check if it comes up with the settings.

1 Like

I just got these pedals yesterday and installed them on Windows 11 without any issues, so I’m not sure that’s the issue. I know there can be calibration issues if the rudder pedal is slightly depressed when plugging it in. Are you positive it’s centered and not being touched when plugging in the USB port?

Yeh, i even pulled em out to make sure something hadnt fallen into the tracks they slide on, all good boys, i dont need any encouragement to spend money on my simpit!! :joy: plus, if they wanted me to pay my bills, they wouldnt keep shutting down the economy :grimacing:

1 Like