Thrustmaster t-flight rudder pedals don't work with the TCA in planes

I replaced the TWCS Throttle with a TCA quadtant, but the t-flight rudder pedals doesn’t work
which they did together with the TWCS. The pedals are working fine according to the setup and control panel in the device driver. They work also in the MSFS Controls Sesitivity axis setup. The issue is that the t-flight rudder pedals don’t work in any plane when connected to the TCA quadratnt in the MSFS 2020.
I have upgraded to the latest firmware on the TCA quadrant but I have still the same issue.

This sounds like a conflict with a mod.
If you have anything in your community folder, empty that and then try.
(easy way is to just rename the folder, the sim will make a new one).
Let us know!

Did a rename on the folder and got a new one but it did not help, I still got the same problem,
By the way, my joystick is a Thrustmaster 16000M if this matters and it’s working well.
Just saw that the R-Axis Z don’t work with the pedals in the MSFS Control for the TCA Q but it works correct in the Thrustmaster control panel.

Did you try to remap the rudder axis with the Joystick Slider X ?

Because I have the same setup, also replace the TWCS throttle with the TCS quadrant and it is working fine, however I had to remap the pedals.

Thank you for your input, but I don’t have the Joystick Slider X function to assign with the TCA Q

But it’s present in the Sensitivity panel unfortunately the R-Axis Z does not respond at all.

ok, but can you filter “ALL” and then find the rRudder Axis, it will be on Primary Control Surface section. Then try to assign the Joystick Slider X There.

You can choose the Slider X from the list

you said that in the thrustmaster control panel you can see the pedal moving so it should be recognize by MSFS.

And by the way, for me in the sensitivity menu, the pedals belongs to the Joystick Slider X

And the brake left and right belong to the Joystick R-Axis X and Y

Hope that helps…

Thank’s for your input once again, now I got the rudder working but I have still an issue with the right break pedal. Both pedals works in the Thrustmaster control panel but not together with TCA Q in MSFS2020, so the right break pedal is set to the input Joystick R Axis Z in the sesitivity panel but the Axis doesn’t move. Joystick R Axis Z has been preset in the TCA Q to Spoiler Axis in the Secondary Control Surfaces that comes with the TCA Q add on. I don’t have the TCA Q add on.
Both Left and Right Break Axises are left blank in default settings under Break.
As the right break pedal is dead together with the TCA Q there must be some bugs that causes this issue as the Joystick R Axis Z is dedicated to the Spoiler Axis. Frankly the pedals and all its functions should normaly work directly out of the box but unfortunately it dosen’t.

Strange… but for me the brake are the Joystick R-Axis X and Y…
The Joystick R-Axis Z is not used.

Maybe try to assign manually the brake to X and Y instead of Z

Thank you very much for you support, I just realized that I was totaly confused by all the X-Y and Z.
Now I got all pedal functions in place.

1 Like