Thrustmaster TCA Addon issues

So I just received my TCA airbus addon and throttle quadrant and after a few hours of searching the forums I was able to fix the issues I was having with the throttle not lining up. but i cant find anything the speed brake and flaps not working properly. My issue is that when I lower the flap it goes all the way to full flaps when it should be on flaps one and the same with the speed brake it goes full on the first detent. I’ve tried calibrating multiple times and nothing so if you guys could help thank you.

4 Likes

When you calibrate your TCA Quadrant with the addon. You have to move the spoilers and the flaps with the throttle as well. So these are the steps.

1. Throttle to TOGA, Spoilers Up, Flaps Up => Press two red buttons.
  2. Throttle to MCT, Spoilers 1, Flaps 1 => Press two red buttons.
  3. Throttle to CLB, Spoilers 2, Flaps 2 => Press two red buttons.
  4. Throttle to IDLE, Spoilers 3, Flaps 3 => Press two red buttons.
  5. Throttle to full REVERSE, Spoilers Full, Flaps Full => Press two red buttons.

Then you can press the two black buttons in the front to complete the calibration process.

The reason why you have issues with the spoilers and flaps before is because you didn’t move them during the calibration. So the hardware is recording that your up positions are the calibrated positions, so when you move them, they jump directly to full. That’s why you need to calibrate them with the throttle together. So the hardware can read the positions of the spoilers and the flaps as you move the axis to calibrate them. This is the step that Thrustmaster failed to include in their calibration process.

You might notice I give you an extra step with the Reverse. This is important because the steps provided by Thrustmaster officially is missing that step as well, which gives you an issue with inconsistencies between the two throttles and the throttle jumping around when enganging the reverse. So it’s important to press the two red buttons at every detents.

(It’s also the 5th time I provided these steps to this exact same question and I don’t even have my Addon yet).

9 Likes

I’ve seen your post in other threads and I’ve tried those steps as well and it doesn’t work.

Really? I got confirmation from other people having the same issue and they said it works.

yea man I’ve tried it just liked you’ve said multiple times and it doesn’t for me.

Hmm… I dunno… seems weird to me…

Try post the problem to this topic while linking back to this topic as well. Someone who are already active in that discussion could pitch in to see if there’s something both of us are missing:

decided to try it again seems like its working this time thanks man.

Ok i just recently received my thrustmaster throttle, how did you manage to align the throttle to the cockpit, I ve tried a lot of different suggestions

This is what i used to get them aligned. you need to find the file they are talking about

Moin,
I got my addon today and, oh wonder, it all works SUUUper!
Except the Autobreaks doesn’t fit that great.
But now I’m waiting for the A350 - then everything will be fine.

Gruß, with a grin over all cheeks :sunglasses:
d-flight

PS
Now only the autopilot has to work and we have a “flight simulator”

Thanks you great helps l m lost last 4 days don’t know what to do with my TCAADDON I having same issue.Thanks you Sir

Thanks Neo4316, this was a great help for me :love_you_gesture:

That’s really help me well with my issue. Thanks so much!

can you please assist me, where abouts do i calibrate the addon? is this through control panel/game controllers? Or is there a spacific app through thrustmaster i have to download. The instructions through Thrustmaster are not very clear at all!!!
I have everything working accept for the spoilers, i cant get them to move on the sim at all, no idea what the hell im doing wrong :frowning:

The video above shows you how to start the calibration process. But you need to change a few things when you have the TCA add-on.

When you calibrate your TCA Quadrant with the addon. You have to move the spoilers and the flaps with the throttle as well. So these are the steps.

1. Throttle to TOGA, Spoilers Up, Flaps Up => Press two red buttons.
  2. Throttle to MCT, Spoilers 1, Flaps 1 => Press two red buttons.
  3. Throttle to CLB, Spoilers 2, Flaps 2 => Press two red buttons.
  4. Throttle to IDLE, Spoilers 3, Flaps 3 => Press two red buttons.
  5. Throttle to full REVERSE, Spoilers Full, Flaps Full => Press two red buttons.

Then you can press the two black buttons in the front to complete the calibration process.

3 Likes

Thanks again i really appreciate it. Finally got it all working after calibrating 4 times. Then had to reverse axis for flaps and spoilers. Deffs adds alot of immersion. Happy with the product

To be honest. I had to remove the spoilers axis from the spoiler lever because it interferes with the Auto-Spoilers arming. I put everything to digital inputs myself.

At the up position, it activates the Retract Spoilers command.
At the first detent, it activates the Set Spoilers Arming
At the second detent in the middle, it also activates the Spoilers Retract Command.
At the third detent, it triggers the RZ Axis- to Extend Spoilers command.
At the final detent, the virtual button is also bound to the Extend Spoilers command.

I do it this way, because while having the Axis seems like a great idea to control the amount of spoilers you want to deploy. The fact is, the position of your spoilers lever in axis mode will override any other spoilers input that you have. For example, if you arm the spoilers. That’s all good. But since your spoiler position is in the retract position, it will not deploy at all because the retract position overrides the auto-spoilers.

By removing the axis altogether, the position of the spoiler axis will no longer override whatever spoilers input that you have. So pulling the lever to the first detent, will arm the spoiler and there’s no axis positions to override it. The spoilers always deploy on landing. When you want to disarm the spoiler, just push it up to the retract position, and the sim will retract the spoilers and disarm it. Same goes for the other way around, if you want to manually deploy the spoilers, just keep pulling it, and it will disarm the spoilers back to the retract position, and if you keep pulling it, it will deploy full spoilers.

The only drawback here is that you can’t apply half spoilers or any level of spoiler that you want. But frankly, I never needed do that for my flights anyway. But even if you do need it, manually moving the lever in the cockpit with your mouse should still work, because again you don’t have any spoilers axis assign to override it.

1 Like

May I ask where you got your add ons from?
I am on a email list for me…still waiting.

I got mine from ebay… which is shameful because I’m paying to scalpers in China.

Anybody having trouble with the throttle config settings in the experimental fbw ? It’s driving me insane. tried changing to the linear config, but it doesn’t work since the folder changed title. can anyone help?