Thrustmaster throttle quadrant unrecognized

Topic moved into #self-service:peripherals and tagged #thrustmaster

That is technically recognised because it shows up on the list. An unrecognised hardware would simply not appear/detected at all in the control setting.

If you look at the top left corner (the hardware title) you’ll notice that it says TCA Q-ENG 3&4. This suggest your Thrustmaster throttle quadrant is at the Engine 3&4 mode. Have a look at the bottom front of the quadrant itself. You’ll see a switch with the label ENG 1&2 and 3&4. Based on your screenshot, You might have accidentally switched it to the 3&4 mode. You have to unplug your quadrant, then switch this back to ENG 1&2 mode. Then replug back in. You should notice the Control setting to show TCA Q-ENG 1&2 in the title instead.

The Engine 3&4 mode is used when you use it as a Quad-Engine setup (for the upcoming FlyByWire A38X aircraft) or the default Boeing 747-8. But while the picture doesn’t show up or that it doesn’t have any default binding, That doesn’t mean ENG 3&4 is not supported. It just doesn’t have a default profile binding and picture, that’s all.

You can still manually create a new profile, and manually bind new control commands to the 3&4 mode.

5 Likes

Thanks for your thorough response @Neo4316. Funny enough it was set to ENG 3&4, but it had been set that way from the day the hardware arrived and I started using it. Never thought anything of it (outside of recognizing it and knowing if I added another quadrant i would have to do something). Anyways, after an hour or so of fiddling with drivers and software updates, trying different ports, etc, it finally came back to where it was (with all of my presets intact). Not sure what caused the issue as I didn’t make any changes whatsoever.

I’ve had my Thrustmaster Quadrant for over a year. I’ve read all the manuals, and I’ve taken it apart and put back together. I know what it does and doesn’t do and how MSFS treats and handles it.

The switch is fiddly, sometimes you don’t even realise it switches because you unknowingly knocked it or something (blame it on the gremlins). It could be set to ENG 3&4 because it was switched during shipping, or the people who assembled it in the factory forgot to switch it to 1&2. Or maybe they don’t even have a standard to make sure all the quadrant are shipped in 1&2 modes by default. Anyone could get a random 50:50 chance on which switch they get when they received it.

So it’s either you have built a separate profile for the 3&4 from the beginning and you just switch to that profile in the contol options. Or you just unknowingly switched it back to the 1&2 mode.

do you recommend I take any additional steps? I am not as savvy as you are. Things seem to be entirely ok now.

Yeapp, see… it’s detected as 1&2 on the title. So your switch should be in the 1&2 position now.

1 Like

My Boeing Thrustmaster quadrant is not appearing at all on my controller list. I tried to connect the USB to the Xbox directly and into the yoke and still not appearing. Please help

Hmm… Have you followed these instructions?

Yes sir, all steps has been followed. I also restarted the Xbox many times.

What about the switch at the front of the quadrant? Have you make sure the switch is on Engine 1&2 mode, and not the 3&4?

I checked that as well and tried to switch 3&4 to 1&2 many time to see if it’s stuck. Nothing changed.

I have the same issue.
Had anyone got a fix for this?