Thrustmaster warthog throttle not working

Hey there,
Moving the throttle levers (Z-Axis and Z-Rotation) is not detected in the Windows 11 USB Gaming Controls center, as a result there’s no indication in MSFS control option power management setting.
The throttle is indicated correctly in the windows device manager though and other axis are working properly.

Following attempts to fix this issue did not work out:

• recalibrating (no change of values in the z-axis and z-rotation window)
  • Reinstalling current firmware
  • changing USB-Port
  • Removing and Reinstalling target software

Any help is highly appreciated

1 Like

I’ve used the Warthog HOTAS throttle and joystick controllers for years in XPlane, FSX, P3D and MSFS no problems. I originally used their T.A.R.G.E.T user interface but when going from Win7 to Win10 it no longer worked as expected and the only time I use it now is to turn off the LED lights on the controller (I’m not a fan of silly lighting). In other words, your problem may be using that UI.

Ah, I just remembered something from the early days of having my TM Warthog HOTAS and forgive me if you’ve already done so, but have you calibrated the throttle using the TM calibration utility and not the Windows calibration feature? If you’ve used the Windows calibration, if my memory serves me correctly, you’ll need to reverse that out and then use the TM calibration. A search on Google will help you find the instructions on how to proceed and the TM site should be a good place for their calibration utility.

Worth checking out maybe?

Welcome aboard by the way. :slight_smile:

thanks for responding.
I have deleted T.A.R.G.E.T, calibrated it via Windows and TM’s tool but the issue persists.
The weird thing is, that the throttle worked fine until yesterday.
Getting quite desperate

If calibration is the issue, you’d need to reverse out the windows calibration and then apply the TM calibration. Applying the Windows calibration, rather than the TM calibration, has been known to be what messes the Warthog up.

Interesting. I’ve never used the TM calibration, only Windows, and I’ve never had a problem. Now, it will be a problem to use more than one method. That makes sense.

It might have changed since the Windows calibration posed an issue for TM sticks, but I’d thought it worth mentioning.

thank you HawkMoth and Downscc.
spent a few hours with this problem.
Calibrated the throttle with TM’s program and separately with Windows USB- Game controller, afterwards i connected the device with an other PC- no luck, which means its apparently a hardware issue.
Some guys posted in a DCS forum about a power surge which disables (“bricks”) the throttle quadrant and fixed it with a passive USB hub and a cable extension to lose some voltage.

I have a month old Warthog Throttle that worked perfectly and then suddenly became extremely unreliable. I also suspect that a Windows update played some part in the sudden loss of calibration. I have tried every suggestion I could find by scouring the usual sources for troubleshooting, and none of them worked. My biggest problem was that i was only getting 10-20% of range of motion detected by MSFS and by Windows controller app… Curiously, I noticed that the limit I could obtain kept changing every time I re calibrated… and in fact the range was being determined by where I put the handle at the for polition for “idle”. I verified this numerous times, hence the 10%, or 15% that I would ultimately get as my total range… As strange as this is, it prompted me to try calibrating by putting the handles in various random positions instead of the “full”, “off” and “idle” positions as instructed, to see if I could get more range detected, and sure enough I was getting random amounts of range with each calibration. I continued calibrating in as many as 20 different position combinations untill it suddenly responded perhaps by chance, by setting the calibration as it is supposed to… at 100% of range. I have no idea if I will be able to repeat this should my calibration go haywire again. I hope somebody can tell me if this is a hardware problem, or a calibration app problem… I dred the day my calibration goes nuts again.

Hi Downsec, may I ask you to get a screenshot of the TM Hotas Warthog in MSFS? Don’t know why/how, but I can’t fly anymore, since the throttle, in any configuration, all of a sudden goes to its max thrust. I tried the default one, but to no avail. I’m used to fly with liners, militaries and propeller (4 engines) planes.
Thanks for any help & regards,
Fulvio

There is nothing to show. Calibration is a straight line from lower left to upper right, no offsets and strictly the basic linear response.

Thanks Downscc, but I was not asking for the calibration, but for the joystick axis (Axis Left L, or R etc., to choose for the throttle.
Fulvio