Thumbs up for the CRJ

Well just done a flight with the CRJ from Toronto to New york and wow absoloutly fantastic what an amazing aircraft my new favourite in flight sim. From cold and dark to shut down it just went amazing. And not a single problem with FPS. Bring on the expansion pack :smiley: one happy customer here. Very minor issues like reverse thrust etc but those will get fixed and aerosoft are aware.

8 Likes

I second that, CRJ is no Airbus or Boeing but Aerosoft have done a great job simulating this bird.

I know it is pricey but you get what you pay for, a lot work went in to this add on.

3 Likes

Well, I like the CRJ, but this new CRJ-700 is NOT VR friendly. It’s very difficult to click buttons, in the FMC, for instance.

I did a test flight from KAUS to KMFE. First, the flight plan from MSF2020 was not loaded into the CRJ FMC. So, I had to manually enter a flight plan in the FMC, which was as painful as needles in the eyes. Then, it was the actual flying. With FMC1 as source, and everything else set, the autopilot would not follow the flight plan. So, I had to flight using HDG.

On approach, yet another issue. As soon as I extended the flaps, the autopilot could not keep neither altitude, nor speed. Turned off the AP and the plane had a tendency to turn left all the time, and speed and altitude very difficult to keep.

I’ll try it without VR, but the aircraft is not VR friendly, at all – although looks beautiful.

Well i have to strongly disagree with you. I have done over -10 flights with the crj, and all of them in VR. I get better performance than either the A32nx or the WT Cj4. Also I have no issues with clickspots on vr. Except maybe top left part of Fms, but if you position your head slightly to the right the issue dissappears.

The fact that the crj doesn’t import msfs flight plans is well documented and mentioned multiple times on the aerosoft forum. It is however possible to import flight plans from simbrief and that takes no more than 10seconds.

I would think one would do a bit of research before spending €50 on an aircraft. And I’ve also not had a single issue with the AP not flowing the route. Has worked like a charm Everytime, with the occasional overshooting turn.

No problems with mine following flight plans either works perfectly fine. Mind you i did read the manuals before i started flight that does tend to help. CRJ is not like an airbus or a boeing it requires alot of input from the pilot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.