Thunderstorms in live weather

Wondering if any has managed to see any thunderstorms with live weather?

I have not managed to see any real life weather at all, same blue sky same wind direction and speed. Only tried it in US though.

Not sure why people are having so many issues with real world weather, I have everything from thunderstorms to clear skies in the sim using real world weather, and yes, even correct wind speeds and direction of wind, examples given in another post about weather.

I think the weather system is inconsistent - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve heard changing your region to somewhere in Europe helps sometimes. I flew for a few hours last night and had live weather for all except about 30 minutes.

Thunderstorms?.. that’s promising… yet to see them myself.

I wonder if works with some servers and not with others.

I was flying into my home town I grew up in Georgia and saw flashes in the distance, pulled up a weather radar of the area on my phone and there was a small cell outside of town. Next time I will fly through one. Sadly won’t be able to do where I live now as we rarely get them herein Oregon where I live now

1 Like

Hello Team.

One thing that comes to mind is the following. I noticed that the real time weather has to be selected every single time, before launching a flight. It is not a feature you set and have it go active on every flight. It has to be specifically selected prior to every single flight. I suspect many flyers are probably overlooking this and it’s causing their weather to not look as it is in RL.

Dennis

1 Like

Where do you select in the general area or when you select a flight?

When you select a flight, one of the options you have is to select the weather. You have to click the live weather option.

In your sim is the weather exactly the same as in the METAR ?

Beta tester since the beginning never saw a thunderstorm or lightnings with live weather. Hopefully they will integrate them…

Usually Yes.

AH ! For me the clouds are ok (not always), but wind, QNH, temps and visibility
are totally wrong, have to do i bug report I guess

Yes - on the horizon flying From Doncaster/sheffield to Liverpool john Lennon. Cloud layer was at 2500 feet as I went over the Pennines and saw the Lightening to the North of Manchester - towards Warrington kinda way. Was an electric blue running from left to right along the ridge of the pennines, almost trapped by the cloud layer. Looked pretty good…

1 Like

I think I may have to agree with you… I’m a long time simmer…Yesterday I flew from MUHA/Cuba to KFLL/ Fort Lauderdale… FLL was overcast cloudy with some rain or at least should have been I showed up sunny. day… So it’s not consistent… I wonder if there is a time when it injects it into the same over time or is it updated automatically

I guess this will be the best way for cross referencing… though I dont see option here for thunderstorms

1 Like

Has anyone experienced property depicted thunderstorms in Live Weather? I’m in an area in Indonesia. Live weather has lightning and rain symbol but when I load to airport it’s just depicting low cloud, no rain or lightening. Just wondered if Live Weather actually depicts thunderstorms at all? Thanks

3 Likes

For sure, I’ve seen loud thunder claps and small to large flashes.

1 Like

And heavy rain? Just weird I’m not seeing any of this . Only low thick cloud. Maybe the thunderstorm is further away

Really? Never saw a single thunder or lightning with live weather. As regards rain no problem