Tiger's B350 King Air mod v1.4 released

Features flight dynamics and ground handling improvements for more realistic performance.
Simply drag and drop the “tiger’s b350 mod” folder into your Community folder.

Flight Dynamics:
Payload now has 8 passengers instead of the default 4.
Climb rate of 2000fpm with 8 pax and 79% fuel load. (Actual 350i climbs at 2700fpm).
Cruise speed 312KTAS (depending on wind speed/direction) at FL240 with 14500 lbs TOW, 97% Torq, 1500 Prop rpm and 445 pph fuel flow.
Prop RPM gauge updated with 1700rpm redline.
Improved flaps and gear drag.
Improved glideslope/glidepath handling on ILS and RNAV approaches.

Ground Handling:
Nosewheel steering works at all speeds during taxi and takeoff/landing.
Plane stands still at idle with brakes off, prop levers fully back (high pitch) and condition levers at low idle.
Crosswind ground handling improved:
Crosswind has no effect below 15kts taxi speed and only reaches full effect at 60kts on take-off.

Miscellaneous:
Prop feather animation works.
ATC now identifies the plane as “Beechcraft King Air 350”.
King Air facts and figures now display on the flight loading screen.
All 3rd party liveries should now work due to the removal of the panel.cfg file from this mod.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I’ve been thinking about spending more in the King Air.

1 Like

Unless this is some heavily modified PT6A-60A then the governed range of the primary governor is 1450 to 1700. The N2 section of these engines spins at about 30,000 RPM and the reduction gear ratio of the -60 engines is 17.6:1. 1700 RPM is the maximum you should see in normal operations.

I have flown and instructed in King Air 350s in the past and have over 25 years of experience in flying and instructing in various models of King Air (90s, 200s, 300s, 1900s.)

4 Likes

Thanks Ken, that’s great feedback - I’ll look into that right now.

Version 1.2 update:

Cruise speed 312KTAS at FL240 with 75% Torq and 1450-1500 Prop rpm depending on wind speed/direction.
Prop RPM gauge updated with 1700rpm redline.
*Some 3rd party liveries may not work due to the inclusion of a panel folder and files in this mod.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the propeller. I did not know it would take some internal work on the panels.

Edit: Nevermind on part of that, I looked at your image posted on the mod page.

If you want to tune the flight dynamics here is the closest chart I can find that shows 312 knots TAS at FL240 ISA -20 and a 14,500 lbs aircraft. Note the torque should be 99% and fuel flow per side 445 pph to reach these conditions.

Here are the spaghetti charts for maximum cruise. Again only if you want to tune the performance. I can’t post much more than this without violating the fair use of copyrighted material.

Thanks again Ken, those charts will be very useful! I got my initial performance figures from this AOPA article: https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2019/july/pilot/turbine-pilot-king-of-king-airs

1 Like

Those AOPA spec sheets are marketing figures. Even the media flights are usually in a light airplane and are not indicative of an airplane loaded up for a flight. The spaghetti charts should help you tune out cruise performance.

1 Like

Ken, the fuel flow in this B350 is shown in gph; should it be pph?

Pounds Per Hour. The chart uses the American/British abbreviation LBS/HR.

Thanks, I meant the readout on the center screen below the torq, ITT and rpm gauges - it’s in gph but if that’s incorrect I can change it to pph.

When Asobo decided to make the B350i for MSFS, for some reason they put the wrong avionics into their version of the aircraft. An actual 2020 B350i would have most likely come from the factory with the Rockwell Collin ProLine Fusion TM avionics. Asobo put the Garmin 3X Touch TM in instead. Thus the Garmin, since it is designed for light piston-powered aircraft and not turbine-powered aircraft, displays GPH as opposed to PPH.

Trying to recode the Garmin 3X to a Proline Fusion would be significant work. If you are in contact with Working Title you might want to check with them since they are working on a 3X Touch maybe they can put in a config setting that will allow changing from GPH to PPH.

No worries, I can edit the existing G3X to show pph instead. I’m nearly there, the torq will only go up to 97 or 98% but it’s as close as I can get it.

Version 1.3 update:

Cruise speed performance adjusted for greater accuracy:
312KTAS (depending on wind speed/direction) at FL240 with 14500 lbs TOW, 97% Torq, 1500 Prop rpm and 445 pph fuel flow.

3 Likes

Version 1.4 Changleog:

Updated nosewheel suspension for smoother braking.
Improved throttle and prop response in the lower range for easier taxiing - it’s now possible to taxi using prop beta for speed control.
Increased torque in the upper range to achieve 99% torque at cruise altitude.
Engine gauges modified to show clearer redline ranges - throttle levers should not be firewalled for takeoff!