Time selection reverts to utc and is incorrect

Initially after selecting departure location in the world map the time is correct (for me I use Melbourne which is UTC+10 so the local time is shown as 10 hours ahead of UTC). As soon as I click the time slider though it shows the local time and UTC as the same. This also gets the preview in the background (where you can see sunlight on the world out of sync). If I select 02:00 the globe in the background shows it to be day time so I assume it is showing UTC (which would be 12:00 at Melbourne). Loading into the sim though I see that the time is actually set to 02:00 local time (it is dark). See linked video for example of all of this happening: https://youtu.be/SjfnVWd4dOI

Zendesk #115120

I flew yesterday no problem. Today, MSFS keeps reverting my time choices to UTC, anywhere on the world, whatever the menu or in flight
 And as stated above, in most cases local time is locked with UTC time. I couldn’t even load a flight and get the time it was loaded at. As soon as loaded, it goes into UTC time.
The only case I could have another time set was by loading a tutorial mission.

The only thing that I could think of is that I uninstalled P3D v5 yesterday. Which was on another drive anyway. I haven’t touch MSFS inbetween.

Zendesk #132526

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When I select a departure airport and I have the “Live Time” setting turned on, the time switches from Daytime to Nighttime. For example, if the time was 7:00 AM when I selected a de[arture airport, it would change from 7:00 AM to another time, like 11:00 PM

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Open world Map, with Live Time on, select a departure or arrival airport.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X, Turtle Beach Velocity One

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU6

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

No

I tried to set a custom time from the “Flight Conditions” option/menu and noticed both the local and UTC time were the same. I tested this both with and without a departure/arrival airport set. The airport I tried to depart from was LAX so the local and UTC time should not be the same.

Yes

NA

i77700K, 1080ti, z270, 64gb ram, 1gb internet speed

Current

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

No

No

After selecting an airport and starting gate, the time in the time picker no longer shows the local time, only UTC time. The local time is also incorrectly displayed als UTC time.

1. in flight planner, select airport (ex LGAV) and gate (ex gate 35),
  2. then go to flight conditions and change the time (so it’s no longer real time)

Are you in SU11?

SU11 here,
I can confirm this behaviour.
The moment you disable real time (in Flight conditions), UTC and local time at the airport become the same (World map).
The correct UTC and local time of an airport of your choosing seems only to work with ‘Real Time’ enabled in Flight condition.

Heathrow, London England also shows local = UTC because local is UTC.

Is Athens UTC? idk

My KJFK in the USA shows 5 hours difference:
2:02 PM ( 7:02 PM UTC)

Yes, but the OP stated that he disables realtime to change the time. From that moment on UTC and local time from any airport become the same.
So , in your case, if you go back to ‘Flight conditions’ and disable real time /or set a time of your choosing, the UTC and local time become the same again. (7:02 PM (7:02 PM UTC))

Editing my previous reply above.
I just checked my Flight Conditions again and it showed
KJFK local time = UTC.

What had changed was that I had left FS2020 to go to another app and returned to FS2020 and this screen had changed.

I don’t use Real Time.

Any time that I set via Flight Conditions does not set local = UTC.

So you also can repoduce what the op states?
I always fly with real time on, I even hadn’t noticed it. :grin:

No, I cannot because I do not use Real Time.

The op also does not use real time.
If I follow his steps , I have the same result (LT=UTC, even at an airport where it should not)
Strange :thinking:

Just checked again.
You and the op are correct.

World Map. select KJFK.
Flight Conditions → local is not UTC .
Change the time (move the slider) → local = UTC

I had not noticed this before. I never change the time.
Actually, I set my flight time in the .flt file.

living in AU means at night when I get sim time, I want to fly daylight, and changing from realtime is mostly necessary if I want to fly in AU or even the US. You’ll shift the slider to when the sun is where you want, and then load in only to find it is the middle of the night where you are starting - even the sim gets confused!

1 Like

Yes SU 11.

Still happening October 2023

1 Like

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes.

On the Flight Conditions screen, UTC time is incorrect when you move the time slider.

Note that you can then change the month or day and the the UTC time will correct. Or correct it on the Flight Planning screen.

Also note that if you don’t correct it and click FLY, the flight displays as local time.

PC, i5-13600K, Windows 11

Hi @MSFSRonS,
What happens if you toggle “Real Time” on and then back off again?